The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Ryan Miller won't be moved & looking for a 2nd rounder or hockey trade for Lack/Markstrom

troll away on the Canucks board with your rose colored sabre glasses. I'm sure buffalo will have another banner season with their current roster + a couple of teenagers.

:lol: You're a riot!

If my 2007 board join date and post history doesn't give you a clue about how silly your troll commentary that sounds, then I never stood a chance of convincing you that changing 50% of the roster doesn't equate to a team icing the "same bums" of a team.

But carry on twisting what I have actually said (that Sabres have zero room for an aginging/declining middle 9 Higgins or an unproven average pack youngster Vey) to change the topic yet again (ps: I haven't actually tendered an opinion on how the Sabres might rank with their new roster).

Shucks, maybe if you change the scope of conversation enough, you might score some of those ego points of which you appear to want more than a rational discussion.

Have a good day.

:lol: You're a riot!

If my 2007 board join date and post history doesn't give you a clue about how silly your troll commentary that sounds, then I never stood a chance of convincing you that changing 50% of the roster doesn't equate to a team icing the "same bums" of a team.

But carry on twisting what I have actually said (that Sabres have zero room for an aginging/declining middle 9 Higgins or an unproven average pack youngster Vey) to change the topic yet again (ps: I haven't actually tendered an opinion on how the Sabres might rank with their new roster).

Shucks, maybe if you change the scope of conversation enough, you might score some of those ego points of which you appear to want more than a rational discussion.

Have a good day.

"Nor do I care to continue trying"

lol. Well played. Awesome cave-in too. Have a good one.

I've already said more than enough, shot down your perverse fantasies and called you on your straight out lies. Now you are even going back on your word... so sad.

I'm now ignoring you for the sake of the board. Nothing worse than a thread highjacked by a troll and a poster that thinks he can educate him.

I fell for your Shtick, shame on me.

I've already said more than enough, shot down your perverse fantasies and called you on your straight out lies. Now you are even going back on your word... so sad.

I'm now ignoring you for the sake of the board. Nothing worse than a thread highjacked by a troll and a poster that thinks he can educate him.

I fell for your Shtick, shame on me.

:picard: Sigh.

Oh well. "Nor do I care to continue trying"

I think it’s more that he doesn’t have confidence in Lack. It doesn’t even sound like Benning has considered trading Miller. Right or wrong it seems like it’s not that he can’t, it’s that he doesn’t want to. Which leads to me to believe that all along, Miller was signed as a 3 year stop gap and Lack taking over eventually was never in the cards. Even with Lacks good play last year Benning is sticking to his plan

It's almost like Benning and Linden said 'transition plan'.

For some reason I feel like Eddie Lack is the Canucks, he's the heart of the team...

If they move him I just don't know how much i will care about this team anymore... Trading Eddie Lack will have a very very negative effect on the fanbase...

Edit: I know I will catch flack for it but I don't care, it's my opinion...

If one goalie is moved make you feel that you could not care for this team then maybe you need to jst move on lol. He is not the heart of this team and for you to say that shows me that you are nothing more than a fan boy of Lack. Yes you do care if you get flack for lack or you would not have edited to say so lol, I don't know what fan base you are apart of but if trading EL with help this team then Im up for it..

lol Heart of the team...wow...

If one goalie is moved make you feel that you could not care for this team then maybe you need to jst move on lol. He is not the heart of this team and for you to say that shows me that you are nothing more than a fan boy of Lack. Yes you do care if you get flack for lack or you would not have edited to say so lol, I don't know what fan base you are apart of but if trading EL with help this team then Im up for it..

lol Heart of the team...wow...

So who do you think the heart of this team is then? I am not asking that in a confrontational way, rather I think it could be argued that Lack is at least part of the heart of the current version of the Canucks. We all know the story, he has come in twice to rescue the Canucks when their number 1 was down and out, and this last time played super well. He waits patiently on the sideline for his opportunity, and goesabove and beyond to work on his craft. He may not be the heart of the Canucks, however he certainly role models heart, courage, and patience. To me, that is true leadership.

Thats assuming that Benning is wanting to trade him. Did I miss something or did Miller play really awful or something to imply Management wants him traded? Is Lack really ready for the #1 spot? To me its a gamble and if there was any position that is important on a hockey team, its the goalie. Just like last year when we were in the same position with Eddy. The only #1 goalie I see on this team so far is Miller, all the others are ? marks and varying gambles. If I am a gambling man, I would stay with the safe bet with Miller and wait and see what plays out with the other goalies.

Depending on the development of erikkson and demko. I could honestly see us resigning miller after his contract is up for another 2 seasons if our goalie climate is right. Miller to me reminds me of an old goalie like hasek or osgood who may still be good goalies into their late 30s.

No one seems to be considering this as an option it seems most people assume he's just gonna be moved or let go. Will see but I think his career may be longer then some think.

So who do you think the heart of this team is then? I am not asking that in a confrontational way, rather I think it could be argued that Lack is at least part of the heart of the current version of the Canucks. We all know the story, he has come in twice to rescue the Canucks when their number 1 was down and out, and this last time played super well. He waits patiently on the sideline for his opportunity, and goesabove and beyond to work on his craft. He may not be the heart of the Canucks, however he certainly role models heart, courage, and patience. To me, that is true leadership.

I love Eddie. His personality is great and he handles the media well. I think what people love most about Eddie tho is the idea of youth in net. His personality helps no doubt but I think demko or another young tender may be the key to our success. I feel bad for Eddie. 27 years old and not a starter. Same with schieds.

3) Sabres aren't in the market for another middle 9 in his twilight; and

3) Sigh. A middle 9 player is as you'd describe Higgins - that 3rd liner who can sub on the 2nd. The middle 9 overlaps the top and bottom 6, get it?

an aginging/declining middle 9 Higgins

:lol: Stop, you're making my brain hurt

Archived