The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015-2016 lineup

DBronco

Next year we could include players like Baerschi, Mcmillan, Virtanen, Kenins, Mcann, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Vey, etc. with all of these guys that could potentially be NHL ready, Benning is going to have tough time figuring out who to keep on the canucks. Mcann and Kennins could use another year or two in the AHL. However, Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk have been waiting for a while in the AHL and are almost NHL ready. Virtanen, McMillan and Baerschi could make the club as well. I'm not sure how Benning is going to choose the roster but I think he's up to it.

To hear Benning talk one thing is a given.....all these Utica kids still have to EARN a spot with the big club by having a great training camp. He wants to see what they have learned in Utica...he wants to be impressed!

My own thoughts.....I want to see the Canucks get younger and faster!!!

FaxCap

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows/Hansen/Kassian

Sven-Bonino-Vrbata

Higgins-Horvat-Hansen/Burrows

Dorsett-Richardson-Kenins/Kassian

That's what it'll prolly be something along those lines

This looks reasonable to me, although I do not think Richardson is coming back. If we are making precise predictions. WD and JB have said that they like Burrows with the Sedins, so I expect them to start that way next year. JB has been pretty clear that Baetschi will be on the team and that he needs to play with skill players to maximize this value. The 2LW spot is his to lose, and Bonino and Vrbata will have the other two spots.

Horvat has to be 3C and the natural wingers are Hansen and Higgins, making that line a genuine shutdown line.

The 4th line has lots of options. Dorsett will be on one the wings. Vey is 4th on depth chart at center right now. The other winger could be Kassian, Grenier, Virtanen, Kenins or maybe someone else.

McMillian (ewww) gets brought up in the OP's convo but not Clendening, Corrado or Grenier???

It seems the original post dwelled on forwards. No goalies or defencemen are mentioned.

Next year we could include players like Baerschi, Mcmillan, Virtanen, Kenins, Mcann, Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, Vey, etc. with all of these guys that could potentially be NHL ready, Benning is going to have tough time figuring out who to keep on the canucks. Mcann and Kennins could use another year or two in the AHL. However, Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk have been waiting for a while in the AHL and are almost NHL ready. Virtanen, McMillan and Baerschi could make the club as well. I'm not sure how Benning is going to choose the roster but I think he's up to it.

Welcome to CDC. Some things about this post, including the selection of prospects that could make the Canucks next season, puzzled me.

"Mcann and Kennins could use another year or two in the AHL"

McCann not only can't spend another year in the AHL because he hasn't played in the AHL, but he won't be eligible to play in the AHL until 2016-17. Is there a reason to refer to McCann and not Cassels?

Do you have a reason for saying that "Kennins" (sic) needs another year or two in the AHL?

"However, Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk have been waiting for a while in the AHL and are almost NHL ready. Virtanen, McMillan and Baerschi could make the club as well"

This sentsnce looks odd to me-it seems to suggest primary prospects to make the Canucks next season, having spent a while in the AHL, are Jensen, Gaunce and Shinkaruk. I think if you took a poll, Baerschi would be virtually unanimously expected to be on the the Canucks next season while the ones you named first as NHL ready would all be longshots for this coming season. It puzzles me why Gaunce and Shinkaruk are named as waiting for a while in the AHL after their first AHL season while Baerschi, who has spent most of three seasons, is not and Grenier with 3 seasons as a pro including 2 in the AHL didn't earn a mention at all.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (15.75)

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata (7.75)

Matthias - Horvat - Hansen (7.45)

Dorsett - Cassels - Burrows (7.74)

Vey (0.76)

[39.45]

Out: Higgins, Kenins (Utica), Richardson, McMillan

Edler - Tanev (9.45)

Hamhuis - Weber (5.4)

Sbisa - Bieksa (8.2)

Clendenning - Corrado (1.5)

[24.55]

Out: Stanton (maybe qualify and waive?)

Miller (6)

Markstrom (1.2)

[7.2]

Out: Lack

{71.2}

We need to upgrade our D, and to do that we will have to part company with Sbisa (6th), Bieksa (late 3rd) and Matthias (zilch) :(

Couple things, Gaunce and Shinkaruk had 1 year in the A. I personally think they both need more refinement. I think 1 more season with Utica should be enough.

If you ask me, as of right now most likely prospects to make the team. Jacob Markstrom is pretty much as guaranteed as you can get so I'm not counting him.

1. Sven Baertschi: incredible speed, overall offensive ability, and great compete level.
  2. Adam Clendening: Already played many games. Reliable defensively and with talent to QB a PP and be a PMD.
  3. Frank Corrado: Good overall game. Solid in almost every aspect. Has bottom pairing written all over him
  4. Jake Virtanen: JB was speed, physicality, and of course another offensive threat. In other words, Jake Virtanen
  5. Alex Grenier: He's my sleeper pick. I'm glad people are realizing his ability recently. Much like Ben Hutton, he's been underrated for a while. Can't really keep that title though now that people are waking up to him. 6'5 and good all around game. He's done a lot to polish his game to make him a much more well rounded player. Watch for him at camp

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian (15.75)

Baertschi - Bonino - Vrbata (7.75)

Matthias - Horvat - Hansen (7.45)

Dorsett - Cassels - Burrows (7.74)

Vey (0.76)

[39.45]

Out: Higgins, Kenins (Utica), Richardson, McMillan

Edler - Tanev (9.45)

Hamhuis - Weber (5.4)

Sbisa - Bieksa (8.2)

Clendenning - Corrado (1.5)

[24.55]

Out: Stanton (maybe qualify and waive?)

Miller (6)

Markstrom (1.2)

[7.2]

Out: Lack

{71.2}

We need to upgrade our D, and to do that we will have to part company with Sbisa (6th), Bieksa (late 3rd) and Matthias (zilch) :(

Lol god damn... that 3rd pairing D making 2nd pairing Mulaaaa $$$$ .

Sedin Sedin Vrbata

Baertschi Bonino Kassian

Higgins Horvat Hansen

Kenins Vey Dorsett

Edler Tanev

Hamhuis Clendening

Sbisa Corrado

Miller

Lack\Markstrom

Meaning Burrows,Bieksa,Lack or Markstrom will be traded

McMillan,Richardson,Weber,Stanton,Matthias won't be back!

Burrows maybe won't get traded and Biesksa might not meaning others will be to make a roster that will work for us and let all play

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Baertschi-Bonino-Vrbata

Kassian-Horvat-Hansen

Grenier-Richardson-Dorsett

Vey-Kenins

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Sbisa-Clendenning

Corrado

Miller

Markstrom

No Bieksa or Higgy... I cri everytim

Has to be done though IMO

What I want to see happen:

TO PIT: Kevin Bieksa + Higgins

TO VAN: 2nd round pick

TO BOS: Sbisa + Jensen + 2nd round pick

TO VAN: Joe Morrow (assuming they fix their cap problems elsewhere)

TO BUF: Eddie Lack + Grenier + rights to Weber

TO VAN: 21st overall pick (assuming Talbot and Lehner cost teams a late first/early second round pick, otherwise we settle for a 2nd)

DRAFT: Chabot with the 21st overall, Kylington with the 23rd overall.

UFA SIGN: Re-sign Richardson short term. Sign Cody Franson 2 years 5M per. Basically a bridge until our kids are good enough to log big minutes,

Lineup for 2015-2016:

Sedin - Sedin - Vbrata

Baertschi - Bonino - Burrows

Kenins - Horvat - Hansen

Dorsett - Richardson - Kassian

Shinkaruk - Gaunce - Vey (injury call-ups)

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Franson

Morrow - Clendening

Kylington - Corrado

Chabot - Subban

Miller

Markstrom

Demko

Archived