The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

VAN/COL

I am gonna make this short and sweet:

To VAN: O'Rielly, 10th OA pick 2015

To COL: Edler, bonino, Jensen, 23th OA 2015

O'Rielly is a 2nd line center and col just doesn't room or money for him, bonino is a 3rd line center and we desperately need a 2nd line 2-way center.

Thoughts??

I am gonna make this short and sweet:

To VAN: O'Rielly, 10th OA pick 2015

To COL: Edler, bonino, Jensen, 23th OA 2015

O'Rielly is a 2nd line center and col just doesn't room or money for him, bonino is a 3rd line center and we desperately need a 2nd line 2-way center.

Thoughts??

Value is good, add in a Conditional 2016 1st and 2nd rd picks if ROR doesn't resign or else it could turn into Edler(signed for 4 years at good cap hit) Bonino (signed 2 more years at great cap hit) Jensen and a first for #10 which is ridiculous

Also i would have the trade Mocked up but not execute untill we see who is available, IMO if we move Edler we have to draft Provarov or Werenski

The value is there but man, I shudder to think of what our blue line looks like with no Edler.

Make this trade and pray you can move 2 or 3 of Bieksa, Vrbata, Burrows and Miller and use that $$$ to Sign 2 of Sekera, Franson Green ect, ect.....Our Defence is going to be our weak point for the next 3 seasons i just hope we can get 3 pairings that somehow just work and play well together

The value is there but man, I shudder to think of what our blue line looks like with no Edler.

And assuming Bieksa is traded, what happens if Tanev and Hammer get injuries:

Sbisa Clendening

Biega Corrado

Pedan ?????? - maybe bring Diduck back out of retirement? Sopel maybe?? Yeeshh...

Canucks will almost always spend to the cap so i assume if edler and bieksa get traded they will be replces via free agency and there are some decent dmen ufas

Miller took the US to the finals when the US shouldn't have been there, he is quite capable of standing on his head. We should copy the Hawks and sign veteran forwards and leave the d alone after the OP's proposed trades. Maybe bring in Brad Richards, Mike Ribeiro, Todd Bertuzzi, and other character forwards...

And assuming Bieksa is traded, what happens if Tanev and Hammer get injuries:

Sbisa Clendening

Biega Corrado

Pedan ?????? - maybe bring Diduck back out of retirement? Sopel maybe?? Yeeshh...

Mackenzie Stewart?..damm i forgot they were converting him to a winger.

Archived