The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The turn around can happen fast

Definetely. If I was running that team we'd be swimming in stanley cup trophies.... I'm not 100% sure what that means but we'd be #1. I would have drafted Shea Weber, Kopitar, Kassian, Benn, etc...

I don't know whether I should laugh or cry :/

Well, I mean, I think most people would love to have a defensemen like Keith.

A defenseman with Keith's skill would be great. I don't like saying "like Keith" though because I'd prefer that player to be a respectable human being.

There's just no love for the 90's era Hawks at all, is there.

Chelios, Larmer, Roenick, Belfour, Suter. That team was kick-ass. They only lost to an all-world Lemieux-led Pittsburgh team after crushing all in the regular season.

If the owner back then wasn't such a nickel-and-dimer, they'd have continued on and won cups for sure.

It's all about ownership and the will (spending power) to win.

So is FAQ our man?

A defenseman with Keith's skill would be great. I don't like saying "like Keith" though because I'd prefer that player to be a respectable human being.

One with at least the majority of his teeth left would be nice too

Chelios, Larmer, Roenick, Belfour, Suter. That team was kick-ass. They only lost to an all-world Lemieux-led Pittsburgh team after crushing all in the regular season.

If the owner back then wasn't such a nickel-and-dimer, they'd have continued on and won cups for sure.

So is FAQ our man?

Well we spend to the cap every year so I'd say we have a great owner financially speaking. We used both our compliance buyouts too.

So is FAQ our man?

The Hawks lost all those players to free agency...Bill Wirtz was always insulted when his players asked for raises when their contracts were up. If players wanted more money, they were told to look elsewhere. The only player you mentioned not lost to free agency was Chelios. Wirtz traded Chelios to the rival RedWings for literally nothing, mainly because he wanted a raise at the end of the year when his contract was up.

Bill Wirtz passing away was the first step in the right direction for the Blackhawks

Archived