The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bowman: Saad will be a Hawk "for years to come"

I can still see Saad and his agent waiting for the offer sheet window, just to see how big an offer they can get.

And I could see a very big offer coming from a team with lots of cap space - like Anaheim. They have 18 million to play with, and could easily throw a 7 million dollar offer sheet at him - and he probably would be worth it. On the odd chance that they did not match, it would only cost the Ducks a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in 2016.

Bowman will likely match, of course. But this would really impair his ability to keep Hossa, Seabrook, and Crawford - not to mention fill out his depth spots with players making more than the minimum. And that is the main reason why the Ducks should try it.

Saad we fit well in Anaheim. They have the cap space and the picks. Plus they're really good, which seems to matter to Saad.

I could see Bob Murray throwing a offer sheet at either him or Toffoli.

Saad we fit well in Anaheim. They have the cap space and the picks. Plus they're really good, which seems to matter to Saad.

I could see Bob Murray throwing a offer sheet at either him or Toffoli.

Anaheim should throw some young guys at Boston for Lucic, imagine Anaheim with Lucic added to it

i would still try and make an offer just because there may be a certain price the hawks can't match... screw with them and steal a good player...just because the gm says don't bother to put offers down doesn't mean you actually listen... make it harder for the hawks to resign their stars!

And because he has a full NTC it will be to a competitive team.

It will be interesting to see who goes for him without adding salary back.

It might not be a great return for the Hawks.

Washington

Hes just trying to fend off anyone trying to make an offer sheet for Saad. Unfortunately, it will probably still happen...

obviously, thats the point i was making... you should make an offer even though bowman is trying to fend off any opposing offer sheets...nothing sad about it.. its part of the game!

I'd somehow force Hossa on IR or something cause that contract is ferocious

To be on the IR, there has to be an actual injury in which both the team doctors and NHL doctors confirm that there's an injury. Can't just fake it just for the sake of cap space. And what about Hossa's career? He will never agree to that.

To be on the IR, there has to be an actual injury in which both the team doctors and NHL doctors confirm that there's an injury. Can't just fake it just for the sake of cap space. And what about Hossa's career? He will never agree to that.

Teams have cheated the system before. You honestly think Hossa will play for 1M after next year? Not a chance. Wouldn't be surprised if he has an agreement with the team to pretend to on IR after next year so that he still gets paid but the Hawks get him off the books

Archived