The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bowman: Saad will be a Hawk "for years to come"

If I was a GM who had no problems with throwing an offer sheet at another team's RFA my first target would be Tarasenko and second Saad.

I'd offer sheet Tarasenko $9.1 mill per year up to his UFA year. That would cost 2 firsts, 1 second and 1 third. I'd go $7.3 with Saad which would cost 1 first, 1 second and 1 third.

I don't see JB doing this as I see him more of a "meat and potatoes" old school GM. He's liked around the league and is close with most other ppl in mgmt.

Yeah I hope someone offers saad 5mill a year and screws them!!

He won't need offer sheet for that, Black Hawks will pay him that much.

Offer sheet would have to be $7.3 mill. That would cost a 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounder. It would screw the Hawks if they match and would give you a somewhat realistic chance of Hawks not matching. I think Hawks would still match but if you wanna screw them then this is the way to go.

He won't need offer sheet for that, Black Hawks will pay him that much.

Offer sheet would have to be $7.3 mill. That would cost a 1st , 2nd and 3rd rounder. It would screw the Hawks if they match and would give you a somewhat realistic chance of Hawks not matching. I think Hawks would still match but if you wanna screw them then this is the way to go.

A 1st 2nd and a 3rd is a very fair price for him. I'd let him walk if I'm bowman

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2015/06/17/bowman-vows-to-keep-saad-in-chicago-for-years-to-come/

There goes any silly rumours that the Hawks were going to trade Saad.

...so jealous of the Hawks. Have so much talent and when it climaxes and they're stuck with the salary cap, they trade guys and replenish picks and prospects from other teams. Over time, those picks/prospects pan out and the cycle continues revolving around a few permanent core players and the rest being revolving pieces. Byfuglien, Ladd, Leddy, Bolland, Frolik, Brouwer, Versteeg, etc. Now soon to possibly join that list are Sharp, Bickell, Versteeg...so unfair lol. Such a dominant organization.

Well the same thing was said regarding Leddy and Kruger, yet only Kruger remains. Anything can happen.

Archived