The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Your top 3 choices for pick #23

Realistically, seeing as GMJB will be sticking with pick #23, who are your top 3 choices to pick at #23 assuming they are available of course. In order of your favourite selection from 1-3 who would you choose?. Personally I would go with:

1. D- Thomas Chabot 6'1 or 6'2 PMD with speed.

2. D- Brandon Carlo 6'5 DFD almost NHL ready size and could step in to the roster if not next season then a bit of development in the farm for the year after.

3. D- Gabriel Carlsson 6'4 2WD, JB likes size, Carlsson clearly has that, could develop into PP QB with his hard shot.

Honorable Mention: Should Jakub Zboril surprisingly drop to us, it would be a no brainer to pick him as he has all the qualities of a defenceman we are looking for.

Realistically, seeing as GMJB will be sticking with pick #23, who are your top 3 choices to pick at #23 assuming they are available of course. In order of your favourite selection from 1-3 who would you choose?. Personally I would go with:

1. D- Thomas Chabot 6'1 or 6'2 PMD with speed.

2. D- Brandon Carlo 6'5 OFD almost NHL ready size and could step in to the roster if not next season then a bit of development in the farm for the year after.

3. D- Gabriel Carlsson 6'4 OFD, JB likes size, Carlsson clearly has that, could develop into PP QB with his hard shot.

Honorable Mention: Should Jakub Zboril surprisingly drop to us, it would be a no brainer to pick him as he has all the qualities of a defenceman we are looking for.

Carlo is literally the opposite of an OFD. :picard:

1. Jeremy Roy offensive d man with awesome awareness and great iq.

2 kylingtin pure offensive dman and one of the top skating players in the draft.

3 Dunn a puck possession offensive dman.

Why offensive dman? Cause we have plenty of "all around" defencemens. I'm not sure what the hell is up with everyone's obsession with "all around" dmans. To me drafting a all around dman is equal to drafting a Brendan gaunce type of player with the 1st round pick. We have dmans like that already. Tanev, hamhius, bieksa. We need pure offence defencemens.

1. Jake DeBrusk (6'0, 177 - LW)

2. Jansen Harkins (6'0, 180 - LW/C)

3. Colin White (6'0, 175 - C/RW)

Unlike everyone on this board, I'm not enticed by the options @ D to force a D pick at 23. Plenty of great opportunities available in the later rounds for D (who always take longer to develop than forwards). For me it's BPA, all day long.

The D that are available around that time just aren't what the Canucks need. If it's a defenceman being picked in the first round, it's because Benning has traded up to grab Hanifin or Provorov

Archived