The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Matt Cooke

I don't hate the guy, but I really don't think we want Matt Cooke mentoring our young players. Besides, we've apparently given Dorsett a big contract so he can do just that.

I'd say Cooke is a different man than he was 5 or 6 years ago. I wouldn't be against him being a mentor. That said, I'd agree that Dorsett is already in that mentor role, so getting Cooke would be redundant.

Riiiiiight. "...a reformed player now and its well-documented too"

Dude, either lay off the glue or redo your math.

Here's my documentation, you can choose to ignore it, and even more naive you can continue to treat CDC like a single entity, but the facts remain.

All within the last 6 years.

Matt the Ratt Cooke.

Note that only two of those happened in within the last 4 years and there was some debate about whether the Karlsson skate was intentional. Look at his numbers since 2011.

Cooke%20PIM.png

Look at the substantial drop in PIM. You can't see that and tell me that he hasn't changed at all. That combined with only 2 controversial collisions in the past 4 years tells me something has changed in him.

The Canucks spent the last 5 years trying to get rid of their bad reputation. Have you noticed the Refs aren't cheap shotting us quite as much lately? That would all change with a cretin like Cooke back on our team.

Note that only two of those happened in within the last 4 years and there was some debate about whether the Karlsson skate was intentional. Look at his numbers since 2011.

Cooke%20PIM.png

Look at the substantial drop in PIM. You can't see that and tell me that he hasn't changed at all. That combined with only 2 controversial collisions in the past 4 years tells me something has changed in him.

4 years yes, not 8 as stated by by the poster I replied to. I would agree he attempted to reform, but he still crossed the line in the last 2 years. I don't get the tolerance people have for Cooke, we all are entitled to our opinions though. Mine is clearly negative.

4 years yes, not 8 as stated by by the poster I replied to. I would agree he attempted to reform, but he still crossed the line in the last 2 years. I don't get the tolerance people have for Cooke, we all are entitled to our opinions though. Mine is clearly negative.

Fair enough. You did bring my attention to the fact that it's been 4 years and not a longer period, I'll give you that.

We wouldn't sign him, we would claim him.

But please please don't! I thought we were all about the "youth movement" here on CDC, not acquiring 36 year old cheap shot artists.

We sign when he gets bought out and yes we could use a legendary cheap shot artist to kill flames and oilers.

I never said he's been clean for 8 years, I said he was a rat 8 years ago. Most of CDC tends to treat Cooke like he's still a PIM whore, doling out his blend of vigilante justice. He's not that guy anymore. And a lot of bottom six forwards will have a collection of not-so-clean hits, so it's hardly like Cooke is the exception to the norm.

ya the people that still call him a dirty player haven't watched him play yes he was a dirty player but he has cleaned it up as evidence by the lack of incidents in the past couple of years plus the pim significantly dropping

that being said he is pretty close to down it would be cool to see him in a Canuck uniform but league min

"Michael Ferland is a f'in dirty SOB, cheapest player in the league, no skill, only a dirty organization like the Flames would run a player like that on the team."

- Matt Cooke is available? Grab him!

- Matt Cooke and Jarkko Ruutu on most CDCer's favorite top 10 Canucks of all time list.

Thumbs up to you CDC.

"Michael Ferland is a f'in dirty SOB, cheapest player in the league, no skill, only a dirty organization like the Flames would run a player like that on the team."

- Matt Cooke is available? Grab him!

- Matt Cooke and Jarkko Ruutu on most CDCer's favorite top 10 Canucks of all time list.

Thumbs up to you CDC.

I agree with all of this, what's the problem? Ferland=rat. Cooker should sign here, and yes Ruutu is definitely top 5 faves of all time... Gotta problem with that?

Archived