The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van -Pitt

If you put Proposal on it. Its fine. Its just if you make it a [Rumor] In the trades section. Then you could get in trouble. Tell us the source mods don't get mad as long as you don't say [rumor] under trade section like i said above. You already mentioned it don't go bad a pretend nothing happened

I put a proposal tag on the other thread but it got locked.

I really don't want any infractions which is why I've made it clear on both threads that this is a proposal not a rumour.

It would be a lot easier if mods can just delete the other thread rather than making it locked and visible. I wasn't aware I did anything wrong w. That thread. I never said rumor.

I can see Franky getting moved because personally I think this team will only have room for 1 of him or Clendenning and Clendenning was a Benning

move.

Clendening is Benning's golden boy. If JB intends on resigning Weber, one of these two (Adam and Frankie) has to go.

I see the lineups as this:

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Clendening-Sbisa

Bieksa/Stanton

Not a bad defense imo. It's no LA/Chicago/NYR/NYI, but it's pretty decent nonetheless.

I put a proposal tag on the other thread but it got locked.

I really don't want any infractions which is why I've made it clear on both threads that this is a proposal not a rumour.

It would be a lot easier if mods can just delete the other thread rather than making it locked and visible. I wasn't aware I did anything wrong w. That thread. I never said rumor.

You put the topic of the otherone " not enough source so ill put it here"

this one you put [Proposa] - Van - Pitt.

You see the difference? One had the Proposal tag the other didn't thats why they locked the other one

Can't see it. Pouliot is too valuable for that return, especially with a 2nd coming our way as well.

Corrado looks to be nothing more than maybe a good bottom pair/decent top 4 guy at his peak, and Kass (while I still like him), doesn't look like he will be anything more than a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Pouliot could be a franchise D still.

The other thread mentioned Dumoulin or Harrington instead of Pouliot. That seems far more fair for Pittsburgh, and is still a decent deal for us.

Clendening is Benning's golden boy. If JB intends on resigning Weber, one of these two (Adam and Frankie) has to go.

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Clendening-Sbisa

Bieksa/Stanton

Not a bad defense imo. It's no LA/Chicago/NYR/NYI, but it's pretty decent nonetheless.

As of right now the only guarantees on defence that I see are :

Elder

Tanev

Hamhuis

Clendenning

Sbisa

I believe Bieksa will be asked to waive his NTC and he will be moved. If the Canucks are out of it by trade deadline then Hamhuis will be moved as well

Bieksa

Stanton

Corrado

Will be shopped.

Weber might be signed and will be rotating with Clendenning for the 6th spot.

Can't see it. Pouliot is too valuable for that return, especially with a 2nd coming our way as well.

Corrado looks to be nothing more than maybe a good bottom pair/decent top 4 guy at his peak, and Kass (while I still like him), doesn't look like he will be anything more than a 2nd/3rd line tweener. Pouliot could be a franchise D still.

The other thread mentioned Dumolin or Harrington instead of Pouliot. That seems far more fair for Pittsburgh, and is still a decent deal for us.

Pitt is deep on Young D w. Doumilon and Harrington as well. The problem is they are very thin on wing and they can't be wasting the prime years of Crosby and Malkin.

They have no 1st rnd asset to trade to get a winger so they will be diving into their defensive prospect pool to obtain such a winger.

Doumilon and Harrington won't exactly get them a viable winger which is why they are open to moving DP.

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Clendening-Sbisa

Bieksa/Stanton

Did u watch the playoffs bro? Canucks defence was the biggest weakness and there's no way benning goes into next season with the same group.

Also. I don't see Pittsburg doing this but I'd Def like to get DP.

Did u watch the playoffs bro? Canucks defence was the biggest weakness and there's no way benning goes into next season with the same group.

Also. I don't see Pittsburg doing this but I'd Def like to get DP.

I think Pitt would do it but might have to change the 2nd into 3rd or 4th rnd instead

Can't talk source just proposal. I don't want to get banned or have this thread locked.

It was locked cause you didn't put [Proposal] in the title. The fact the trade actually makes sense makes your claim to have a source more feasible.

In any case, Scott Harrington is a year younger than Dumoulin and has 10 NHL games under his belt, but Dumoulin has success in the AHL. At 23, he is a year older than Corrado and Harrington.

Tough choice, but Dumoulin seems more offensively minded and could probably step in right out of training camp. He'd be my choice.

Draft Roslovic, Trenin, or Yan with the 46th.

It was locked cause you didn't put [Proposal] in the title. The fact the trade actually makes sense makes your claim to have a source more feasible.

In any case, Scott Harrington is a year younger than Dumoulin and has 10 NHL games under his belt, but Dumoulin has success in the AHL. At 23, he is a year older than Corrado and Harrington.

Tough choice, but Dumoulin seems more offensively minded and could probably step in right out of training camp. He'd be my choice.

Draft Roslovic, Trenin, or Yan with the 46th.

I don't think the Canucks would be as interested in moving Kassian if Pouliot wasn't involved.

Guys please, Treat this as a proposal not a rumour !

Everything will run more smoothly

OP has made this clear several times but members keep asking him to disclose his source, legit or not. I'm sure we'll know soon enough thru other sources if there is validity to this. So lets take it easy and take it for what it is.

I think it would be a great trade for the Canucks, not sure it's enough to get Pouliot plus 2nt though. Who knows, I consider Rutherford to be below average GM. He could have waited 1 year to get J Stall as UFA instead of paying a huge price for him. (Sutter, Dumoulin and 8th overall which turned out to be Pouliot)

We might get a future top pairing offensive D.

I just remembered that Pittsburgh is looking for a first round pick.

Kassian

Corrado

1st

Pouliot.

even then that is under payment by use sadly

That might be what it takes. Personally I think that's an overpayment.

Kassian

Corrado

Carries a lot of weight as Pitt is in search for a big skilled winger.

That might be what it takes. Personally I think that's an overpayment.

Kassian

Corrado

Carries a lot of weight as Pitt is in search for a big skilled winger.

I don't think will have Kassian much trade value until he can show he can stay healthy. Missing significant games with back issues at his age is a serious red flag, especially considering he is supposed to a physical power forward. I don't see a lot for Pittsburgh to like in this trade at the moment

^Yet another might gamble on Kass. Once a big guy like that establishes his health & finally breaks out, he becomes too expensive to then pursue. Could go either way.

Agreed w. This.

Let's not speak of Derrick Pouliot as a sure thing either which is why I think both teams can be intrigued.

I think the OP's trade is actually a solid trade for both sides, if Pittsburgh had a 3rd or even a 4th round pick for that matter I'm sure that would be offered and a more even trade but they don't. If it's for Harrington or Dumoulin then it's pointless, the Canucks already have those type of Defenceman at this point I'd take Corrado over them. There is a reason why Pittsburgh has been trying to get rid of those 2 dman for some time now. People here really are underestimating Kassian he is still young at 24yrs and at this point in his career overvaluing Pouliot.

You have to remember including the trade year with Buffalo, the last 4 years Kassian has played for 4 different coaches with different coaching styles, it would take a veteran time to adjust let alone a young pwfd trying to establish himself in this league and find his niche while at the same time trying to please, appease and change his style of play to the current coaches wishes. There have been flashes of brilliance from what Kassian can do, he looked good under Torts especially the last half of the year. Last year he had been playing injured for most of the year, when he was looking like finally being healthy the last dozen games before his season ended he again started to look good, also last year you have a rookie coach who didn't really trust younger players or give them much chances, except for Vey, until the latter part of the year when Kassian was starting to get more top 6 playing time and started to look good again. I can write a lot more but I won't. Kassian this year will be healthy and a much better player for any team that he plays for. If it's Pittsburgh he will look great on the 2nd line with Malkin and on their powerplay, he will be dominant and put up 45+ points you can bank on that. I hope Benning doesn't just give him away, it will be a real shame.

Archived