The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal Van -Pitt

Pittsburgh has let Ehrhoff and Martin walk so they're expecting Pouliot to play top-4 minutes this coming season. We can't offer them a 3rd line winger and an AHL defenceman.

They'll want a top-4 defenceman in return plus some scoring help. Something like this might work out nicely:

TO PIT: Vbrata + Bieksa + Jensen

TO VAN: Pouliot

Draft Chabot/Kylington/whichever defenceman falls to us at 23 and suddenly we've got our future Keith-Seabrook.

That's a huge overpayment from Pitt.

They need wingers so not sure why they'd get rid of a young prospect like Bennett.

Yeah I wasnt sure, Havent watched much of Bennett since he turned pro as he is usually injured so thought maybe his stock was down, and i was looking at it as a possible cheap re-sign contract for Van

Clendening is Benning's golden boy. If JB intends on resigning Weber, one of these two (Adam and Frankie) has to go.

I see the lineups as this:

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Clendening-Sbisa

Bieksa/Stanton

Not a bad defense imo. It's no LA/Chicago/NYR/NYI, but it's pretty decent nonetheless.

No it isn't. Undersized, not consistent in the physicality department and only Edler and Tanev make a pair that is formidable.

I think Pitts is keeping Pouliot especially since 3-4 of their top 6 d-men are FA or coming off serious injury.

I disagree because Pitt has about 3-5 years left if that w. Their window to win w. Crosby and Malkin. They desperately need wingers to supplement their stars otherwise its a huge waste of generational talents. They dont have a 1st rnd pick to trade for a winger.

Pouilot if traded can be replaced w. Harrington and Doumlin. However if they keep Pouiiot , their winger option is incredibly thin. Especially since its looking like Bennett and kasperi kapanen is about 3 yrs away from contributing.

Clendening is Benning's golden boy. If JB intends on resigning Weber, one of these two (Adam and Frankie) has to go.

I see the lineups as this:

Edler-Tanev

Hamhuis-Weber

Clendening-Sbisa

Bieksa/Stanton

Not a bad defense imo. It's no LA/Chicago/NYR/NYI, but it's pretty decent nonetheless.

That defense was Swiss cheese against Calgary. They are BAD.

That defense was Swiss cheese against Calgary. They are BAD.

Yes but there is no immediate fix, we need to keep developing our prospects and hope that lady luck is with us when we draft a couple of dmen.

Our top 3 I still think is at least top 10 in the league.

Elder

Tanev

Hamhuis

DP is a huge part of Pittsburghs future, this rumour/proposal, whatever you want to call it makes no sense for the Pens especially for the package the op is suggesting.

I wonder if the op and others in this thread we see that as an acceptable package for Horvat?

Archived