The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Inside Jim Benning's Head

Benning said he wants to do a hockey trade and he has shown an eye for resurrecting talent.

To Buffalo:

Lack

23rd Pick

To Vancouver:

Grigerenko

31st Pick

51st Pick

We get draft picks and a possible 1st line centerman. They get a goalie which they are looking for according to Lebrun and they move up in the draft.

Draft Vince Dunn or Travis Konecny with the 31st Pick

Draft Rasmus Andersson with the 51st Pick

I'd love to get Grigs out of BUF and into our org. I was shouting at the tv hoping for Canucks to move up and draft Grigs when he was slipping in the draft.

I'd do that deal for sure. Grigo is still very young, he might be our 1C in the future.

I've said all along that the only way that the Sabres take Lack is if he will sign a bridge contract. Murray said roughly the same thing in his pre-draft press conference this morning (although he was talking about league goaltenders in general when he made his statement).

He has yet to find a trade for one where the price makes sense for the Sabres. Basically in a nutshell, if Lack is one of the goalies that Murray is looking at, Benning is asking too much for him.

Here's today's Murray/Bylsma's draft press conference link from this morning if anybody who likes to speculate about a goalie trade with the Sabres is interested in watching it: http://video.sabres.nhl.com/videocenter/console?id=830159&navid=DL|BUF|home

*edit* he also touches on Grigorenko.

Grigorenko will bolt to the KHL for higher dollars if he doesnt get paid enough here. We dont need a russian centerman, he is completely overvalued. For some reason him and Yakupov keep getting thrown into trade proposals here, even though they displayed nothing in the NHL as of yet.

Grigs doesn't hold a lot of value any more. His issues are well documented and he's a flight risk. With that in mind, I'm not trading Lack (who could be said to be worth a second) and our first for two seconds and Grigs. Our first alone would be worth the two seconds and maybe more.

Grigorenko will bolt to the KHL for higher dollars if he doesnt get paid enough here. We dont need a russian centerman, he is completely overvalued. For some reason him and Yakupov keep getting thrown into trade proposals here, even though they displayed nothing in the NHL as of yet.

I wouldn't say Yakupov has displayed nothing at the NHL level. The kid is 21 and has played close to 200 games already. He's put up close to .5 points per game. He's been misused and mismanaged but to say he's shown nothing is just ridiculous

By comparison, Gaunce has yet to see action in a single NHL game.

Archived