The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bieksa will only waive NTC if new team offers contract extension

Sharks are re building/re tooling just like the Canucks. They acquired a number of picks last TD and Wilson recently said he would acquire more picks for this year and next year drafts. I don't see them trading for Bieksa. They are trying to get younger like the Canucks.

Also if there is truth to the report out of STL a couple of weeks ago and the OP in this thread claiming Bieksa won't waive without an extension it means he won't be traded at the draft because he can't sign an extension before July 1st.

Edit: IF Bieksa is traded it would be more of a salary dump. JB might get a 3rd pick. Apparently there are real good players to be had with a 2nd this year due to so many teams trying to get under the cap ceiling.

NHL GM over the weekend, noting teams' salary cap woes: "You can get a hell of a player with a second-round pick (at this year's draft)."

Odds are extremely high rumour is fake but boy wouldn't that be sweet if it was true Lack, KB3 packaged with our 23rd would definitely fetch the 9th overall I would think.

I was estatic. Shaking with joy then I saw it was from last night and probably fake lol. I wish we could get the 9th :D

Odds are extremely high rumour is fake but boy wouldn't that be sweet if it was true Lack, KB3 packaged with our 23rd would definitely fetch the 9th overall I would think.

They're in the same position as us needing to get younger and no primetime prospects. No way they'd give up the 9th pick. That would be like us giving up the jake pick for 2 pending ufa's and a pick in the 20s.

They're in the same position as us needing to get younger and no primetime prospects. No way they'd give up the 9th pick. That would be like us giving up the jake pick for 2 pending ufa's and a pick in the 20s.

They are getting a solid goalie who can play and grow with their new young core, a solid defenseman who is on the decline but still is top 4 around the league and a 1st round pick not sure but that's pretty good value if need be throw in Jensen as a reclamation project for them

They are getting a solid goalie who can play and grow with their new young core, a solid defenseman who is on the decline but still is top 4 around the league and a 1st round pick not sure but that's pretty good value if need be throw in Jensen as a reclamation project for them

Sure it's good value but they need the 9th pick far more than Bieksa and lack. Honestly would you trade virtanen right now for a package like that?

Archived