The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Goalie comparison

hateleafs

Talbot had incredible numbers this season, playing 30+ games...he is probably better than Lack.

As for the Sens goalies (Lehner & Anderson), only Sens GM Murray thinks they're better net minders than Lack...though Anderson actually might be better.

Lack did quite well when you consider the D he had in front of him

Take it easy with the slander. It is true that eastern GM's/media are in bed when the Canucks play. You do know how time zones work right?

It's only slander if you truly believe that no one in the East have ever heard of the Sedins... Otherwise I speak the truth.

On spectors hockey

Dreger believes the New York Rangers will trade backup Cam Talbot, claiming six teams have interest in him. Dreger considers Talbot a hot property right now. The Edmonton Oilers are eager to land Talbot. The Buffalo Sabres and San Jose Sharks are also keen on Talbot. The Dallas Stars, Florida Panthers and Calgary Flames have made inquiries but arent as eager as other teams.

Problem is Dreger is as bad as Eklund so I wouldn't take anything he says as valid.

Talbot has been showcased more because he plays in NY and played solid for Lundqvist when he was out, but he could be a solid starter. In my opinion I don't think Anderson will be going anywhere and that Lehner will be the guy traded. The only advantage of having Lehner over Lack is that he is 23 (will be 24 by September) and Eddie is 27, so I think it is too early to be calling Lehner a bust, but he certainly isn't worth a top 6 forward and a pick. As others have said, Lehner has never exactly been consistent in his young career, and is apparently still recovering from his concussion he got last season, but I feel if where ever he goes that he isn't rushed into the net or overplayed I think he will certainly be a starter. Plus Eddie and Markstrom aren't getting as much attention because 1) Toronto Sports Network and 2) Benning hasn't advertised them as much as Murray has advertised his goalies in Ottawa. By the draft though I would expect that the price for Lehner will go down and should be similar to what Lack is going for.

Rightly or wrongly, the other teams seem to be blaming the early round loss to the Flames largely on the goaltending provided by Lack.

If we had made it into the second round (or farther) with Lack as the starter he would have been playoff tested and much higher valued.

How come all the teams have more interests in talbot or the senator goalies then in lack?

Lack played in the hardest division in the nhl and got us into the playoffs but ones again the canuck player is getting downgraded. Is it just me or is that always the case when it comes to trading a canuck? Other teams usually seem to get more for they're players.

Eastern bias and (in Talbot's case) played on a much better defensive team.

I think Lack is the best out of all three/four.

Rightly or wrongly, the other teams seem to be blaming the early round loss to the Flames largely on the goaltending provided by Lack.

If we had made it into the second round (or farther) with Lack as the starter he would have been playoff tested and much higher valued.

Yes I agree to some extent because he was pulled for Miller. I think the larger reason is that Eddie did not "steal" a game, even though I thought he played well the first 2 games. If he had stolen a game or two, his stock right now would be sky high. Just think of Halak during the Habs run a few years ago, he was lights out the first 2 series, and all of a sudden people valued him higher than Price! lol this just shows how fickle people can get. Sometimes luck and talent can overvalue a goalie.

How come all the teams have more interests in talbot or the senator goalies then in lack?

Lack played in the hardest division in the nhl and got us into the playoffs but ones again the canuck player is getting downgraded. Is it just me or is that always the case when it comes to trading a canuck? Other teams usually seem to get more for they're players.

You lost all credibility when you said we're in the hardest division in the NHL. Based on what? We actually play in the weakest or second weakest.

Go look at Chicago's division and please tell me how the Pacific is harder.

Lehner is still young and could turn into an elite goalie where as lack has imo hit his prime. Anderson is more proven than Lack and thats why team are going after him. Now Lack and talbot are basically the same but its just that talbot has better numbers

Beg to differ. Lack has not hit his prime. Just maybe The rumour amongst GMs is that Markstrom will be the goalie that is traded. Miller will not be resigned when his contract has expired. Where does that leave us if Lack is traded? A second round unproven pick for him just does not equate with me. It will leave us barren in the goalie situation. My opinion anyway....

Archived