The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Favorite Canucks Team

johnnyhockey

Not so new to CDC anymore but still relatively. Who have been fan favorite teams through the years? Obviously, the Stanley Cup teams come to mind ('82, '94, '11) but I always liked the '03-04 West Coast Express. Any thoughts or is the general consensus on this pretty straight forward? Thanks, JCH

89/90...the final year of paul rein hart's career..scored 57 points in 67 games..slickest d-man i ever saw...

team had mr canuck, stan smyl..the best russian to play in the nhl, igor larinov, kirk mclean, lumme, a kid named linden, some guy named benning...tanti, skriko, lidster, butcher and fan favorite, harold snepts....

no playoffs but every player left everything they had out on the ice....that's the kind of team, i want to watch and root for...

The only people that would not vote 94 are the ones that aren't old enough to have experienced it.

I'm certainly not old enough, but for the ones who are though:

1994 or 2011? And what makes it better?

One that hasn't been mentioned is the 2006-07 team. It was Luongo's first year with Vancouver and he finished the season with 47 wins, a career high for him. He needed one more win to tie the record for most wins in a single season by a goalie and two wins to beat the record which was set by Martin Brodeur in the same season. In addition, nobody can forget his 72 saves in his first playoff game against the Stars which matched Belfour's total and came within one of Hrudey's NHL-record 73. Fun team to watch, all-around.

Been a fan since 1997, so far the most enjoyable team to watch was the 2001-2003 teams.

That WCE line, beginning of the dynamic Sedin duo, return of Trevor Linden and the two best dman we have had in our franchise (IMO) Jovocop and Matty O.

That group was fun to watch...even though the playoffs weren't a great time, this team drew me in closer than any other group.

2010-2011. Not only was it the best Canucks team, but it just had an aura about it. It felt like something special. Even the year after when they captured the presidents trophy again the team didn't have that feel about it.

In terms of entertainment, 13- 14 Canucks. Our year with Tortorella was magical! When he stormed the flames dressing room lol. Mike Gillis finally got fired. Then all the front office changes. Trading Luongo, Kesler, etc etc.

In terms of best team to watch on the ice, obviously the 10-11 team. Best Canucks team of all time, great defense, great goal-tending, Sedins were great too.

Sadly I am too young to remember '94.

I have been watching the canucks for close to 40 years and first two cup runs are a tie for me as tiger williams was awesome ,so was Linden&Bure!Goaltender was awesome then and second time was the clostest we came to winning it all!

89/90...the final year of paul rein hart's career..scored 57 points in 67 games..slickest d-man i ever saw...

team had mr canuck, stan smyl..the best russian to play in the nhl, igor larinov, kirk mclean, lumme, a kid named linden, some guy named benning...tanti, skriko, lidster, butcher and fan favorite, harold snepts....

no playoffs but every player left everything they had out on the ice....that's the kind of team, i want to watch and root for...

Reinhart was special. Unfortunately not enough years as a Canuck. Thank goodness we got Lidster back

into the org. Still have to hold out for the '94 team. One cross bar away from a CUP. It still hurts.

Archived