The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Talbot generating interest. "Talbot, Lehner and Lack could be traded before draft weekend concludes.".

Earlier this week, Larry Brooks of the New York Post reported that sources claim there’s considerable interest from several clubs in Rangers backup Cam Talbot. It’s expected Talbot, who turns 28 in July, could be traded by the upcoming NHL draft in Florida.

Darren Dreger lists the Edmonton Oilers, Calgary Flames, San Jose Sharks, Dallas Stars, Florida Panthers and Buffalo Sabres among the suitors. Dreger claims the Oilers, Sabres and Sharks are “pretty eager”, while the Flames, Panthers and Stars have “some interest.”

Sidenote:

The Vancouver Sun’s Brad Ziemer, meanwhile, reports that Canucks GM Jim Benning confirms he could move either Eddie Lack or Jacob Markstrom leading up to the draft. Lack, 27, could hold the most interest. He played well in relief of starter Ryan Miller when he missed several weeks to a late-season groin injury.

Talbot, Lehner and Lack could all be joining new clubs before draft weekend concludes. The only question is where they could end up.

http://www.thehockeynews.com/blog/rumor-roundup-will-cam-talbot-be-the-answer-in-edmonton-buffalo-or-san-jose/

2 Seasons as a backup and people are in love with him.

If need be, see ya later Eddie

Some people cry that a 'soul' player of the team is gone and that they'll stop cheering for the team. Come on!

I'd prefer if Miller were traded, but if Lack needs to be traded, it's part of the business. It doesn't always work out the way you want it to work out.

Miller needs to prove to the doubters why he is the best American starting goaltender in this league.

Some people cry that a 'soul' player of the team is gone and that they'll stop cheering for the team. Come on!

I'd prefer if Miller were traded, but if Lack needs to be traded, it's part of the business. It doesn't always work out the way you want it to work out.

Miller needs to prove to the doubters why he is the best American starting goaltender in this league.

lmfao

This is not about a heart and soul player being traded. This is about a player that literally has 2 seasons of NHL experience as a backup, and people are moaning about that.

Yes i get that he is a good guy, but if he were to become starter, I guarantee, that all these traits that seem quriky and funny about Eddie, will be infuriating when he hasn't won a game in 6 starts.

WTF has he ever won?

Johnathon Quick and Schneider might have something to say about that

Archived