The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Friedman on Ryan O'Reilly: "They're hoping to sign him but...they likely can't"

Friedman knows his stuff. He is the best of a bad lot by far.

He use to be until sports net made him into a bob Mackenzie " what I'm hearing is"

None of these guys know anything accept the obvious. Just read the headline he might but probably won't but maybe. Wow that's some really great stuff. Weekly world news would love to have Elliot Mackenzie and the rest of these so called reporters on staff there great at fabricating story's.

He use to be until sports net made him into a bob Mackenzie " what I'm hearing is"

None of these guys know anything accept the obvious. Just read the headline he might but probably won't but maybe. Wow that's some really great stuff. Weekly world news would love to have Elliot Mackenzie and the rest of these so called reporters on staff there great at fabricating story

Teams are very tight lipped at this time of the year, yet the media still has a job to report the news every day. Friedman is better then the majority of his counterparts and I enjoy the different perspective he brings as the only person on the panel that isn't an ex-player.

None of these guys know anything accept the obvious. Just read the headline he might but probably won't but maybe. Wow that's some really great stuff. Weekly world news would love to have Elliot Mackenzie and the rest of these so called reporters on staff there great at fabricating story's.

Its amzing how many ppl believe everything thse so called insiders say as if it was set in stone truth.

Most of the time its just made up hog wash. ie: One GM said other GM's will or will not do such and such. Who is this one GM? no one ever asks, its just made up crap to entertain us. After listening to these guys for as long as I have one know it's mostly just entertainment.

Regardless of the level of what Friedman said:

- ROR rumours have been going on for ages, at least since early 2013.

- Sakic himself has said that he doesn't want a distraction in the room: sign now or trade soon. It could end up being similar to the Luongo situation, but in most of these situations eventually the player gets dealt.

- Friedman can't say it's "going to happen" with any journalistic intregity something is actually about to happen.

- It's a contract year.

Its amzing how many ppl believe everything thse so called insiders say as if it was set in stone truth.

Most of the time its just made up hog wash. ie: One GM said other GM's will or will not do such and such. Who is this one GM? no one ever asks, its just made up crap to entertain us. After listening to these guys for as long as I have one know it's mostly just entertainment.

your exactly right it's just entrainment not actual fact based reporting. AKA story selling

i would be interested to know what % of the stuff these "insiders" fabricate comes true my guess would be at best 5% when fabricating( i would call it reporting but it really isn't) on the non-obvious.

i can see why athletes and management get so frustrated with especially canadian media. nothing to write about, no problem = so and so had a bad season gm says they want to improve =" Insider" fabricating "what i'm hearing is"so and so set to be traded.

Teams are very tight lipped at this time of the year, yet the media still has a job to report the news every day. Friedman is better then the majority of his counterparts and I enjoy the different perspective he brings as the only person on the panel that isn't an ex-player.

Well said. And when you have guys like Mike Milbury and Glen Healy on TV, Friedman and Mackenzie go from good to god.

Archived