The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2015-16 (Taking Applications for New GMs!)

canuck2xtreme

TRADE: There has been a trade to announce, retroactive to the listed date:

Oct 13th

To Minnesota: Colin Wilson, Andrej Nestrasil, Jack Glover, Jacob Forsbacka Karlsson

To Toronto: Alexander Wennberg, Jared McCann

Really fun negotiation with Cap'n - a great guy to work with.  Couldn't take no for an answer on this one as I simply like these two young players too much - as indicated by what we were willing to let go of in this deal.  We'd made repeated efforts to bring these two guys in over the past year.   Was very difficult to move Wilson - such a good, consistent, young piece of Nashville's core - we're high on Glover as well and really like Nestrasil's game and his drive to improve, but you can't acquire young talent like Wennberg and McCann without spending.  They give us more cap flexibility, and probably fit our timeline better.  

Such a slow start this year, combined with tight cap to manage in the future, and we felt it would probably be best to let go of one or two of our top 6.  

Very happy to have a young Canuck skater moving forward, and hoping the irl CBJ can be as good as they appear they should be in the future.

Best of luck to Cap'n and Minnesota!  We hope that Wilson really helps with your push for and in the postseason.

Updated lineup:

bj3-497x218.png

IR: Datsyuk, Macarthur

Josh Bailey -  - Brock Nelson
Boone Jenner - Mikael Backlund - Brandon Pirri
Alex Wennberg - Cody EakinVladislav Namestnikov
Matt Calvert - Anton Lander - Oscar Lindberg
Nick Shore - Jared McCann - Austin Watson

TJ Brodie L - Jacob Trouba R
Kris Russell L - Trevor Daley R
Brett Kulak L - Dalton Prout R
 Stefan Elliott R

Jonathon Quick
Jacob Markstrom

Belleville Bulls Roster:

Tyler Graovac
Emile Poirier - Adam Tambellini - Michael Mersch
Nikita Gusev - TJ Tynan - Marek Tvrdon
Dominik Uher, John McFarland

Stuart Percy - Mike Reilly
Andrey Pedan - Jesse Blacker
Kristian Nakyva - Nick Ebert
Calle Anderssen

Mackenzie Skapski

Unsigned prosects
2014: Carrick, MacDonald, Turgeon
2015: Werenski, Kylinton, Chabot, Bittner, Roy, Hicketts, Nattinen

TRADE: There has been a trade to announce, retroactive to the listed date:

Oct 13th

To Minnesota: Colin Wilson, Andrej Nestrasil, Jack Glover, Jacob Forsbacka Karlsson

To Toronto: Alexander Wennberg, Jared McCann

Really like this deal for Minnesota, adds a strong offensive player to add to an already strong club while awaiting the arrival of his Ducks......

Really fun negotiation with Cap'n - a great guy to work with.  Couldn't take no for an answer on this one as I simply like these two young players too much - as indicated by what we were willing to let go of in this deal.  We'd made repeated efforts to bring these two guys in over the past year.   Was very difficult to move Wilson - such a good, consistent, young piece of Nashville's core - we're high on Glover as well and really like Nestrasil's game and his drive to improve, but you can't acquire young talent like Wennberg and McCann without spending.  They give us more cap flexibility, and probably fit our timeline better.  

Such a slow start this year, combined with tight cap to manage in the future, and we felt it would probably be best to let go of one or two of our top 6.  

Very happy to have a young Canuck skater moving forward, and hoping the irl CBJ can be as good as they appear they should be in the future.

Best of luck to Cap'n and Minnesota!  We hope that Wilson really helps with your push for and in the postseason.

It was a fun deal to put together - we both love McCann's game and his future, and I love Wilson's determination, so it was a case of working out how to help each other get to where we want to be. I suspect in two years' time Wennberg-McCann may be a top 6 double act to die for - it'll be fun to see how they develop. Nothing but high hopes for them and you!

Really like this deal for Minnesota, adds a strong offensive player to add to an already strong club while awaiting the arrival of his Ducks......

Essentially Wilson replaces the contribution I expected from Franzen - and yes, while Perry and co are getting Boudreau fired he'll do wonders for my offense :)

Archived