The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2015-16 (Taking Applications for New GMs!)

canuck2xtreme

SIGNING: The Edmonton Oilers have signed goaltender Colin Stevens to a three year deal.

small.png Colin Stevens - 3 year, $2.7 million dollar contract ($900,000 per season)

The Oilers are quietly having a productive off season. No big name signings. But working away at a legit NHL roster with depth.

But also adding solid youth to back our depth & press to make the line up with Kenny Morrison, Klas Dahlbeck, Casey Bailey. And now Colin Stevens!

Colin is a 6'2" athletic goaltender, real life Panthers prospect, with good fundamentals. Colin posted 0.913, 0.931, 0.929 & 0.920 % save percentage numbers over a very consistent college career. Where he also backstopped Union College at the Frozen Four to a National Championship his junior year as the ECAC goalie of the year, 2knd team all-America honours.

We welcome Colin!

Signing:

small.pngDallas Stars have signed Jack Johnson to a 7 year, 47.25 million dollar contract (6.75mil per season) NMC for seasons 1 through 6, and a LNTC for the final year (player to select 5 teams to accept)

Dallas is very happy to have Jack Johnson on board. A huge step toward stabilizing our defence, which has been our weakest link in the past few years. Thanks to Jacks' agent Greens for a smooth negotiation,(and C2X, and Mike), for doing a great job as our agents in general...so many hrs put in to make this game great.

Dallas still has a few irons in the fire, in order to further address our defence, and our overall depth. Looking forward to the next season with many more assets...especially with as many as 7 prospects who may or may not become NHLers this fall.

The Oilers are quietly having a productive off season. No big name signings. But working away at a legit NHL roster with depth.

But also adding solid youth to back our depth & press to make the line up with Kenny Morrison, Klas Dahlbeck, Casey Bailey. And now Colin Stevens!

Colin is a 6'2" athletic goaltender, real life Panthers prospect, with good fundamentals. Colin posted 0.913, 0.931, 0.929 & 0.920 % save percentage numbers over a very consistent college career. Where he also backstopped Union College at the Frozen Four to a National Championship his junior year as the ECAC goalie of the year, 2knd team all-America honours.

We welcome Colin!

yeah! good job man. I am in the same state really, I am thrilled to have a prospects system in my minors that actually has some prospects....building the minor league with solid future forward guys while not selling the main team out..its tough and takes a bit of time, but we were a playoffs team the season before last...and last year dropped way down while trying to rebuild 'in place'. I expect better this year honestly, we should compete for a playoff spot, but I wouldn't say we are all the way there as a true contender for the cup...but we are closer. That is the fun of the game, year round. building and adding and learning and like golf, beating my last years handicap. lol

EDIT: HOLY CATHOLIC GIRLS BATMAN, I went strait from this post to NHL.com and saw there that the Canucks Acquired Brandon Sutter, awesome move for our home team heroes...and then i saw in that article that Eric Fehr will be a Penguin this year, which is fantastic news for me and the Rangers here at the CDCGML. hehehe...what a good all around hockey night.

Signing:

small.pngNew Jersey Devils have signed Joonas Kemppainen to a 2 year, 1.59 million dollar contract (795k per)

The New Jersey Devils are very excited to welcome Joonas to the organization, his solid two-way play and size will allow him the opportunity to earn a role with the club out of Training Camp should things go according to plan.

Signing:

small.pngNew Jersey Devils have signed Frankie Vatrano to a 3 year, 2.85 million dollar contract (950k per season)

Thanks to agent greensman for the thorough negotiations, very happy to come to terms with Mr Vatrano, we feel he brings an excellent element of size and scoring ability to our organization. He will provide an immediate boost to our forward ranks in Atlantic City.

ARBY-BUZZ

Wednesday, July 29th 2015

• After not seeing much action over the past few weeks, Alex Semin has been bombarded with offers over the past 72 hours. I wonder why? Semin is expected to take his time with this newfound interest and find the best fit possible.
  • Matt Irwin is a player who has received substantial interest all summer, and has narrowed his choices of teams down to 2-3 teams. Expect a signing shortly.
  • Starting netminders have been a hot commodity this summer, and Jimmy Howard is still looking for a team to latch on to. He is seeking the "right fit" though, which in the opinion of him and his agent is a starting position...
  • While on the topic of goaltenders, Jacob Markstrom has been pursued heavily by an Eastern Canadian team and things appear to be getting close...
  • The Winnipeg Jets are rumoured to be listening to offers on young centerman Mark Scheifele, which isn't overly surprising since they're pretty full up the middle with Crosby and Kesler on that roster.
  • Finally, another front office shakeup is apparently close to happening, as an owner of a Western Conference team hasn't liked what they've seen so far this summer...

If you have any rumours to add to the next edition of ARBY-BUZZ, please send a PM my way. :)

I know we have talked about it before bit I think we should really consider adding a 4th round to our draft. I have lots of players that I would have loved to draft, and they end up going undrated. With how much time other gms spend on scouting the draft, I know I am not the only one. I don't know if it is to late to implement it for the 2016 entry draft, if so we should consider it for 2017.

I know we have talked about it before bit I think we should really consider adding a 4th round to our draft. I have lots of players that I would have loved to draft, and they end up going undrated. With how much time other gms spend on scouting the draft, I know I am not the only one. I don't know if it is to late to implement it for the 2016 entry draft, if so we should consider it for 2017.

I d be in for a 4th round....Even it would mean i d have to Stay awake for Another hour. The past 2 drafts have been pretty Hard for me but it was also a lot of fun.

Archived