The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Turn down the Suck. (Bands/songs you hate)

riffraff

Your list reminds me of the 1.30 mark of this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

Not that I am defendining anything you listed but it would have been quicker to list the music you like :lol:

take my +1 just for a red dwarf posting

- Country music

- Anything that comes out of American Idol

- 99.999% of rap and hip hop (especially Kanye), R&B,

- American Death Metal aka Cookie Monster Metal (i.e. Lamb of God)

- Black Metal (Deicide, Burzum, Gorgoroth, etc.)

- Punk, Ska, and Reggae

- Screeching vocals music (Satyricon, most of Cradle of Filth, Glassjaw, Freya, screamo sh**, etc.)

- Religious/gospel music (Christian music, that annoying crappy Islamic music they like to release for those beheadings, etc.)

- Trance, 99% of House

- 99% of folk music (some exceptions for Folk Metal)

- Jazz, Blues

- Whiny rock bands (Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Thrice, etc.)

- Pretty much any archaic music (indigenous music, African, Asian, Brazilian, etc.)

- Over 90% of mainstream pop

I wouldn't use the word hate to describe it, it's just like.. I listen, don't like it, don't bother anymore. Prefer to use my time focusing on the music I do like.

This guy knows how to stick to the theme.

Save the likes for that other thread!

Can I ask what you do listen to?

The bolded pretty much fills my iTunes library

Mostly Industrial (Electronic/EBM/Synthpop/Futurepop, Rock/Metal)

Some Heavy Metal (Power, Progressive, Symphonic, vanilla, etc.) and Rock (mostly Progressive like Tool, Porcupine Tree)

Composers in various genres (Oakenfold, Edelman, X-Ray Dog, Zimmer, John Powell, Pharrell Williams -- E.S. Posthumus, Vivaldi, Strauss)

Electronic (some very select portions of Moby, Orbital more related to soundtracks)

Video game music

The first two listed comprise of over 90% of the music I listen to. Have roughly 12000 Industrial tracks and 8,000 metal.. the rest are like, several thousand, and most of it is X-Ray Dog (and Pfeifer Bros) with sound bytes between 0:30 and 2:00.

Total tracks is around 25k.

Mostly Industrial (Electronic/EBM/Synthpop/Futurepop, Rock/Metal)

Some Heavy Metal (Power, Progressive, Symphonic, vanilla, etc.) and Rock (mostly Progressive like Tool, Porcupine Tree)

Composers in various genres (Oakenfold, Edelman, X-Ray Dog, Zimmer, John Powell, Pharrell Williams -- E.S. Posthumus, Vivaldi, Strauss)

Electronic (some very select portions of Moby, Orbital more related to soundtracks)

Video game music

Fair enough, that's not a bad selection either. I've really been getting into Tchaikovsky over the past year.

Fair enough, that's not a bad selection either. I've really been getting into Tchaikovsky over the past year.

Thanks, while most people listen to things I don't care for, I don't put much thought or energy into bashing others' tastes. As I'm sure you know, there's others that have to let others know how much the music they like sucks. Only in a thread that literally asks what you think sucks / don't care for will I actually bother. :lol:

I normally don't listen to those fast beat Japanese style music that's popular in dance games, but my wife listens to that stuff in the kitchen all the time, so despite not liking it much, it's like my daughters shows, or the radio, something you just tune out.

I'm generally pretty open with music, can't honestly say I hate any musician or genre.

I'm not real big on Rap/hip-hop and can only take country in limited doeses. I tend to get sick of songs that are overplayed which is why I rarely listen to the radio. Years ago one of my co-workers was a big country fan and had the radio at work set to the country station all day, after 4 or 5 times a day every day, I did develop a serious dislike for this song.

Your list reminds me of the 1.30 mark of this vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRq_SAuQDec

Not that I am defendining anything you listed but it would have been quicker to list the music you like :lol:

I approve.

- Country music

- Anything that comes out of American Idol

- 99.999% of rap and hip hop (especially Kanye), R&B,

- American Death Metal aka Cookie Monster Metal (i.e. Lamb of God)

- Black Metal (Deicide, Burzum, Gorgoroth, etc.)

- Punk, Ska, and Reggae

- Screeching vocals music (Satyricon, most of Cradle of Filth, Glassjaw, Freya, screamo sh**, etc.)

- Religious/gospel music (Christian music, that annoying crappy Islamic music they like to release for those beheadings, etc.)

- Trance, 99% of House

- 99% of folk music (some exceptions for Folk Metal)

- Jazz, Blues

- Whiny rock bands (Linkin Park, Three Days Grace, Thrice, etc.)

- Pretty much any archaic music (indigenous music, African, Asian, Brazilian, etc.)

- Over 90% of mainstream pop

This I also approve of (I do like jazz though).

Archived