The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Canucks re-sign Ronalds Kenins & Alex Friesen

WHAT TOM IS EXCITED ABOUT SOMETHING BENNING DID :o:P

He made a good move.

It's not hard to like. I'm not anti-Benning for the sake of it. He made bad moves.

This is a good one, a very good one.

The only reason people want Eddie Lack to stay is because of his personality... they don't know anything about trade value or hockey

Or because he finished top fifteen in save percentage, like 20 spots better than Miller, makes less and is younger.

Nice! Kenins more than earned a shot at the big time last season.

There will probably be a lot of stoked Latvian fans out there as well. Kenins has managed to develop a pretty big following back in his home country.

Guess we know who our representative to the 2016 All-Stars games is. :bigblush:

He made a good move.

It's not hard to like. I'm not anti-Benning for the sake of it. He made bad moves.

This is a good one, a very good one.

Or because he finished top fifteen in save percentage, like 20 spots better than Miller, makes less and is younger.

Shhhh....don't use stats and facts man.

Someone will mention how one time Miller made that amazing save in 2010 and won the americans....silver. Or how he won a vezina that one time. Oh or that selective Win Loss stat without mentioning the teams he did win against vs the teams he lost against

And in the end, that is what is important.

Sedin, Sedin, Kassian

Baer, Bonino, Vrbata

Burrows, Horvat, Hansen

Kenins, ???, Dorsett

Vey

Kassian in.the first line? Lol burrows and vrbata will get first shot on the sedin line. Kassian will be watching in the pressbox while a much more talented jake virtanen shows zack how a real power forward is supposed to look

Shhhh....don't use stats and facts man.

Someone will mention how one time Miller made that amazing save in 2010 and won the americans....silver. Or how he won a vezina that one time. Oh or that selective Win Loss stat without mentioning the teams he did win against vs the teams he lost against

And in the end, that is what is important.

Nothing against Lack but using save % as a fact to which goalie isn't the best idea By those same facts Lack is better than Bobrovsky, Quick, and Bishop as well.... There is a reason why Lacks is only getting 2nd round market value even with a low cap hit. Imagine if Miller's cap hit was only 1.15 without a NTC, now think of the return he'd get.

You're not going to like our future team then...

McCann, Virtanen, Cassels, Kenins, Pedan etc...none of them play "nice" ::D

Hahahah thats not what I meant. I don't want them to play nice.

As forsberg said below, I had a run in with him after game one vs the Flames and he was a jerk. I think it was game 1.

Nice! Kenins more than earned a shot at the big time last season.

There will probably be a lot of stoked Latvian fans out there as well. Kenins has managed to develop a pretty big following back in his home country.

He will give Girgensons a run for the allstar team next season...lol

As forsberg said below, I had a run in with him after game one vs the Flames and he was a jerk. I think it was game 1.

you arent supposed to ask for autographs when a player is in the shower...

Kenins and Dorsett are similar in some ways, sort of... But can (or will) Kenins drop the gloves to take on any player in the league? Doubtful.

And is Kenins as good in the locker room as Dorsett? I just wish both of them would've shown up in the playoffs

Nothing against Lack but using save % as a fact to which goalie isn't the best idea By those same facts Lack is better than Bobrovsky, Quick, and Bishop as well.... There is a reason why Lacks is only getting 2nd round market value even with a low cap hit. Imagine if Miller's cap hit was only 1.15 without a NTC, now think of the return he'd get.

a 2nd round pick.

Maybe he was just dissappointed and didn't know what else to do. Probably not comfortable yet with the large fanbase saying things to him in a completely different language than what he is used to.

Great stuff and great cap management. Similarly Vey, Baertschi, Clendening, and Corrado won't be making much more than last season either. Most of the others will be on two-ways and primarily in Utica anyway so no matter.

Kenins hasn't established anything yet in a half season, so this is his year to "show me" he can do it all season then get paid. Yes he could still be sent down, but a one-way anticipates him making the team.

Somebody's gonna start packing soon, and will have company.

you arent supposed to ask for autographs when a player is in the shower...

Apollo was in soaping up Kenins, thinking it was Juice. Honest mistake, but Ronnie wasn't amused.

Archived