The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

AV named head coach candidate for 2016 World Cup

Not sure if he's still considered canucks talk , but thought I'd throw it out there.

Winningest coach in canucks history, I gota say I'm pulling for him. Ken holland named three coaches , Babcock , coach Q , and Av as the front runners for head coach.

Good luck Alain

He's a better coach than those 3. Got more out of lesser teams. Especially a team that was constantly pushed to defeat by the nhl and the old boys club. Av is a cup champ.

2011 and 2012.

Are you calling the Canucks "a lesser team"? That doesn't sound like you!

Lol ok guys I say somethings extremely just to prove a point. Av is underrated as heck. He dragged us to riches when the refs were 100% against us.

He made his lesser team into GOLD.

How many players peaked under AV?

AV is definitely top 3 coach in the NHL

Maybe he doesn't want to choose a sell out

How many major trophies has Alain Vigneault won as either an assistant or a head coach?

Oh, right. None. Despite many kicks at the can with now two *extremely* stacked teams.

But as an advertisement for Dentyne or Excel gum he'd be great.

Edit: There is only one major trophy.

Silver Medal here we come!!!

Yup, the game plan will be to dominate the round robin, get into the finals, score the first goal and then play Red Rover at the blue line as wave after wave of offence comes at us inevitably scoring 2 late goals.

I still think he's great though, miss him...

Good for AV, he is certainly a worthy candidate.

How many major trophies has Alain Vigneault won as either an assistant or a head coach?

Edit: There is only one major trophy.

The Jack Adams, and 3 President's Trophies.

Cup isn't the only major trophy, it's the one everyone wants most, but it's not the only one.

Good for AV, he is certainly a worthy candidate.

The Jack Adams, and 3 President's Trophies.

Cup isn't the only major trophy, it's the one everyone wants most, but it's not the only one.

3 presidents trophys just makes it worse that he has no cup. Also everyone knows that the stanley cup is the only trophy that counts

Archived