The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hidden Fears about Benning

JamesB

Benning has been GM for one year, and stepped into a difficult situation in that the team used to be a contender and is slowly fading into mediocrity. This is the toughest job, because you must balance winning with rebuilding. I have always maintained that 2017 will be the year to truly assess the job Benning has done, by that time a lot of his first year prospects should be playing, and we will have loads of cap space.

When I hear Benning discuss players he seems to know what he is talking about, you can tell he spends a lot of time scouting and watching games. This is something new to the organization, a GM who is obsessed with scouting and development. We are at the start of a rebuild, patience is needed, not some kneejerk reactions. I disagree with some of his moves, particularly on the contract front, and his opinion of our D, but I am willing to give the man some time before we judge him as a failure.

In Linden and Benning we trust....go 2017 Nucks!

So you probably thought you were explaining the "Vancouver Canucks fan" when you wrote "some people have their mind set a certain way" and "will twist anything they can into an opportunity to slag", but clearly, you have explained the general Vancouver population.

Oh right. Of course I was. Thanks for taking the opportunity to tell me what I was talking about.

Are you one of those people who thinks Canucks fans are awful, or Vancouver as a whole? I'm just asking which group you've magically excluded yourself from that you're derogating.

Wyatt Arndt thinks he's funny. Unfortunately, most of his jokes come at the expense of clarity and assume that you've seen Jurassic Park. Who hasn't right?

As I read through his list of jokes I wonder, what slow tough player are you talking about?

A player who is good in scrums? Sounds like Luca Sbisa but Benning didn't draft him.

Zero for two and I'm checked out :picard::bored:

Wayne Arndt is not funny or informative. Just some wanna be journalist with the hockey IQ of a turnip.

Archived