The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings’ Jarret Stoll charged with drug possession

AriGold

Jarret Stoll has been charged with one count of felony drug possession of a controlled substance on Monday.

The Los Angeles Kings centre was accused of having cocaine and Ecstasy at a Las Vegas Strip resort swimming pool in April.

Security guards at the MGM Grand Hotel’s Wet Republic pool complex were conducting a routine search when they found what investigators believed was 3.3 grams of cocaine and several capsules in the back pocket of Stoll’s shorts.

Police put the value of the drugs at about $600.

District Attorney Steven Wolfson wouldn’t comment on why the charge only included cocaine possession.

Stoll’s attorney, David Chesnoff, says he has had discussions with Wolfson and hopes the case will be resolved shortly.

Stoll, 32, is a two-time Stanley Cup winner and is set to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1 — the first day of NHL free agent signings.

Stoll was freed without bail from the Clark County jail in Las Vegas in April.

With files from The Associated Press

tumblr_mwv6b83ZFm1svs3nuo1_400.gif

Am I the only one who doesn't care? Let him go! It was 3 bloody grams, clearly the guy was just looking to have a good time, not turn into the future coming of Pablo Escobar.

Give him probation & community service if you must...jail time is ludicrous.

Am I the only one who doesn't care? Let him go! It was 3 bloody grams, clearly the guy was just looking to have a good time, not turn into the future coming of Pablo Escobar.

Give him probation & community service if you must...jail time is ludicrous.

giphy.gif

Not my idea of a "Good Time"... But to each their own..

He didn't ask you to do it...some people do Big Mac's, some do Yoga, some do Blow...as long as he isn't hurting anyone, I could really care less.

i don't think many people care how jarret stoll chooses to waste his money, but the fact that he was stupid enough to do so in a public environment while living abroad on a work visa is asinine.

he won't go to jail. his crime doesn't warrant that sort of punishment.

hopefully, though, it seriously hinders his future career, because like ryan malone, his stupidity DOES warrant that sort of punishment.

i don't think many people care how jarret stoll chooses to waste his money, but the fact that he was stupid enough to do so in a public environment while living abroad on a work visa is asinine.

he won't go to jail. his crime doesn't warrant that sort of punishment.

hopefully, though, it seriously hinders his future career, because like ryan malone, his stupidity DOES warrant that sort of punishment.

Ryan Malone was driving drunk...he certainly could've seriously hurt or killed someone...Stoll was at a Vegas party, apples & oranges.

Frankly, if Heatley got 3 years probation for being directly responsible for someone's death, then Stoll should get 3 days probation for partying too stupidly.

He didn't ask you to do it...some people do Big Mac's, some do Yoga, some do Blow...as long as he isn't hurting anyone, I could really care less.

But he is hurting people. His family, teammates, management, fans, etc. Should be a one year ban from the league for any drug offense imo.

But he is hurting people. His family, teammates, management, fans, etc. Should be a one year ban from the league for any drug offense imo.

75% of the league would be banned for 1 year each off season if they urine tested players in the off season.

Who cares, he was partying in Las Vegas, he wasnt driving insanely fast/Drunk(Dany Heatly/Ryan Malone), he was just kickin it at a pool and happened to be taking his good time up a notch. Like I say a vast majority of the players in the league party like this during the off season. Some during the season too, LA players just likely get caught more because they are playing in a high profile city that loves a good scandal.

Except the country where he resides has had a 'war on drugs' since the early 70s started infamously by Nixon. The US still spends around 50 billion yearly on this so-called war. I find it quite pathetic that a country equates 'use' with 'abuse' and punishes you accordingly. Though he is some what famous athlete so this will go away but the jokes never will.

Looks like Burrows wasn't too far off with his cocaine/ice snow taunt against LA a few years back.

Mind you he was taunting Richards.

i saw richards, hartnell, carter, SOB, coburn - amongst puck bunnies, downtown in van with a BOWL of coke in the VIP at SOB's fav hangout

I have known Stoll since we were 12, he is a great guy that got caught doing stuff that every millionaire in their 20-30's do in Vegas. Nothing wrong with getting messed up with the boys after the season is over. I know he isn't a regular user. It's too bad for him. But I know a team will take a chance on him, the guy can still win a faceoff.

Burrows was obviously right, these LA Queens doing coke, my ex best friend lives in Venice,CA they are all doing blow, If you've spent time around highly-functional cocaine users, they have an aura of invincibility around them and over-confidence, but it's false, and can crash and burn around you just like Stoll here.

Archived