The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] VAN - BUF, VAN - CBJ

I said this on another thread, but wondering if you guys think its a decent deal for both sides..

maybe i have my homer glasses on a bit.. :)

To BUF: Eddie Lack + 5th/6th round pick

To VAN: 31st Overall

To CBJ: Hamhuis, Jensen, Higgins, 31st

To VAN: Kerby Rychel, 8th Overall

Use 8th overall to draft Ivan Provorov

Use 23rd Overall to draft BPA - hoping Evgeny Svechnikov drops to us due to Russian factor

Columbus doesn't make that trade. They take on 7m of cap and lose a top prospect, an 8th overall pick in a strong draft and end end up with potebtially 1 year of Hanhuis (who likely wouldn't waive to go there anyway) a bust of a prospect and a decent 3rd liner

I think CLB would rather take Provorov instead of pretty much any way we can muster. The Provorov-Bobrovsky Russian connection could be too big time. Fair enough value though.

Makes sense, but Columbus needs a righty so Werenski seems like a better choice for positional need IMO. But I do agree I could see them taking Provorov.

I said this on another thread, but wondering if you guys think its a decent deal for both sides..

Use 23rd Overall to draft BPA - hoping Evgeny Svechnikov drops to us due to Russian factor

That is the most unoriginal proposal ever. And there is no "Russian factor" with svech or provo because they have already come to north america to play.

That is the most unoriginal proposal ever. And there is no "Russian factor" with svech or provo because they have already come to north america to play.

I'm sorry that you didn't like my proposal. That being said, I thought I addressed the needs of each team, as columbus has stated that they are looking for a defenseman and buffalo has shown interest in Lack.

As for the "Russian factor", any player born in Russia has the opportunity to leave and join the KHL. It is not unreasonable to think that one day, if a KHL team offers the right amount of money, a Russian player like Svech could leave for more, untaxed, money. Also, I did not say, or mean, that Provorov would fall due to the Russian factor. Just because they have come to North America already and played junior here, does not mean they cannot go to the KHL.

Makes sense, but Columbus needs a righty so Werenski seems like a better choice for positional need IMO. But I do agree I could see them taking Provorov.

Provorov and Werenski are likely not going to address their need right now.

They are looking to add a roster r-handed dman.

I'd assume that if the 8th pick is involved they'd want Tanev

But maybe Bieksa (signed) could be a Rychel and pick... but I don't think we'd be too interested in him.

I could see the first trade happening but we fleece Columbus in the second trade

I agree that we get the better end of the deal in the columbus trade. Maybe I just overvalue Hamhuis, but he's still a top 4 shutdown Dman that was recently on team Canada's roster.

What do you think about replacing Jensen with Shinkaruk in my proposal? Any closer to fair value?

The radio shows (1040) are suggesting that Buffalo has offered the 31st pick straight up for Lack.

The radio shows (1040) are suggesting that Buffalo has offered the 31st pick straight up for Lack.

Highly doubt it. I'll believe it when I see it.

The Buffalo media has mentioned several goalies that Murray has a short term interest in. Lack has yet to be seriously brought up.

Lack being traded is a virtual gaurantee....out of all the goalies, Talbot and Lack are generating the most interest it seems based on what I have read on various media outlets.

Draft day will be crazy to watch, I think everybody is waiting and hopefully one team will get desperate if there is not a player they want and give us a 1st for Eddie :)

Draft day will be crazy to watch, I think everybody is waiting and hopefully one team will get desperate if there is not a player they want and give us a 1st for Eddie :)

Benning is probably waiting to see what Talbot fetches. He shouldn't wait too long though because teams will just end up moving on to their Plan B scenarios. The fewer teams that are competing for Lack, the lower the return.

Archived