The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Kassian Shopped for a 2nd Round Pick

Hmmm...lets see....

A Canucks team that gets pushed around on a regular basis is looking to trade a former 13th overall pick (and one of it's few forwards who can play a physical, or a skill game) for a 2nd round pick....

...a 2nd round pick that we gave up to get Linden Vey.

I wonder how many NHL GMs would do Kassian for Vey straight up?

I sincerely hope this rumor isn't true, because it's poor asset management if it is.

This would be a reverse Baertschi situation. And goes against what Benning has done up until now. He's been trading picks for guys in the 20-23 year old range. How old is Kassian, 24?

I could see this happening during pre season if someone like Grenier and/or Virtanen were serious considerations for replacing him in the lineup but right now it makes next to no sense.

This would be a reverse Baertschi situation. And goes against what Benning has done up until now. He's been trading picks for guys in the 20-23 year old range. How old is Kassian, 24?

I could see this happening during pre season if someone like Grenier and/or Virtanen were serious considerations for replacing him in the lineup but right now it makes next to no sense.

Even if Grenier and Virt were ready to make the jump it doesn't make Kassian redundant. Fill the team with Big/fast/tough as far as I am concerned.

Probably fake but IF this happened Edmontons 33rd wouldn't be all bad drafting 23,31,33 depending on if all the moves went through could be a decent haul if jb does a decent job drafting

That would be good. Lets trade our toughest forward to the one team in our division that doesn't push us around on a regular basis.

Blah. Still 2-3 years from his prime and still young enough there is sound cause to believe he'll mature on the intangibles front too. Another mismanaged kid bounced around between different coaches, systems, expectations, etc. Even if he only ever really hits his stride as a 3rd liner, I see him as this possible hidden gem as a big-bro mentor type once his personal confidence is firmly entrenched.

But hey, what are the real chances he'd warrant a 2nd rounder right now anyway? Still not established as a reliable 3rd liner, only bursts of potential for a top 6 role, and bonus to Kassian's Canuck fans - he's rehabbing from a not insignificant back injury.

So we drafted Cody Hodgson in top 10, traded him for Kassian to get a second rounder? :picard:

Please move Higgins first for a second before you even consider moving Kass

It could be worse.

We could be the ones buying out Hodgson.

Man, people need to learn the difference between rumors and speculation.

Speculation is when people guess about something. Like yesterday when Bob Mckenzie guessed that Bieksa won't want to agree to a trade unless he knows he has LT security

Rumors, like this thread, are when guys reference their 'sources'

This isn't speculation. This is just an uncredible rumor from Bro Jake, who likely has little to no inside info.

It might be mere speculation, but he presented it as a rumor. And as such it should be treated that way. I have a feeling Bro Jake isnt on the credible list of insiders, and this shouldnt even be a thread.

That would be good. Lets trade our toughest forward to the one team in our division that doesn't push us around on a regular basis.

True but have to give something to get something.

If kassian is kept thats fine too and most likely to happen since its bro jake

True but have to give something to get something.

If kassian is kept thats fine too and most likely to happen since its bro jake

That's the point. Not only would it be giving too much, but we would be giving it to a divisional rival.

Remember when Schneider was traded? There was a rumor floating around that the Oilers had offered a slightly better deal, but the Canucks (correctly so, IMHO) told Mac T that the offer would have to be "a lot" better if they were going to trade Cory to the Oil.

Archived