The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Kassian Shopped for a 2nd Round Pick

That's the point. Not only would it be giving too much, but we would be giving it to a divisional rival.

Remember when Schneider was traded? There was a rumor floating around that the Oilers had offered a slightly better deal, but the Canucks (correctly so, IMHO) told Mac T that the offer would have to be "a lot" better if they were going to trade Cory to the Oil.

Nah, that was the old regime. Most of Benning's trades have been within the division. Besides, it works both ways -- trades are supposed to help both teams, so they both can't ask for a premium.

Unless JB really "knows something", I can't see him shipping a guy like Kassian near here anyway, just in case. Yes, it would be pathetic to watch him pummel us physically while protecting McDavid and the kids lighting us up.

This is the stupidest thing I heard from this organization in sometime. Are you freaking kidding me, they want to trade Kassian for a 2nd rounder? Kassian is a decent 3rd liner with lots of upside, what the freaking hell is wrong with this management, I will lose hope in Benning if he does this. This is a dumb trade, why is this team against Kassian? did they not see Ferlund run over our team? I'm speechless. pissed off after reading this speculation, our team can't really be this dumb. seriously.

This is the stupidest thing I heard from this organization in sometime. Are you freaking kidding me, they want to trade Kassian for a 2nd rounder? Kassian is a decent 3rd liner with lots of upside, what the freaking hell is wrong with this management, I will lose hope in Benning if he does this. This is a dumb trade, why is this team against Kassian? did they not see Ferlund run over our team? I'm speechless. pissed off after reading this speculation, our team can't really be this dumb. seriously.

Calm down, take a deep breathe, turn off the computer, and go outside.

PS I heard sunshine is good for acne

Thats why its called speculation. Vancouver is full of it. Most of it is $h*t.

giphy.gif

just talk. thats benning telling buffalo give us your 31st pick and buffalo is wanting to give them there higher 2nd pick... so benning then goes to to buffalo and says i have interest for zack kassian give me what i want dam it... lol negotiation tactics... thats all!

I wonder if those insiders are just voices in his head?

If he has any insiders, they're in the music industry so no idea why they'd know about hockey trades.

Bro Jake: "Hey, do you like hockey at all?"

Insider: "Yeah, I'm a fan and I heard the Canucks had a deal for Kassian for a 2nd. I'm totally not Chad Kroeger though."

Bro Jake: "Wow, totally-not-Chad-Kroeger, that's a big scoop!"

What about something like:

TO BOS:

Bieksa

Kassian

(late pick? or...)

TO VAN:

Lucic

Bartkowski

If we do end up trading Kassian, we need to get a player with size and skill back. Otherwise be patient with him and see if he goes to another level this season.

The reason for trading Kassian for a 2nd round pick is not to do with his fit on the ice or what he brings to the team.

I honestly don't think he will be on the team next year, and Benning will try to get some return for him.

I am a huge Kassian fan, and I wouldn't trade him for a 1st nevermind a 2nd at this stage. However, my source is reliable and I was very unhappy when I heard some not so positive news about him. Don't bother asking me to elaborate because I wont, but I really hope that there is some resolution over the off season.

What about something like:

TO BOS:

Bieksa

Kassian

(late pick? or...)

TO VAN:

Lucic

Bartkowski

If we do end up trading Kassian, we need to get a player with size and skill back. Otherwise be patient with him and see if he goes to another level this season.

The difference is Kass can actually skate.

Archived