The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Kassian Shopped for a 2nd Round Pick

Not sure why there would be any surprise he would be available and being shopped. Assets should always be available for the right price.

They certainly should. However, some might debate whether a 2nd round pick is truly the "right price"...

Has anyone thought that maybe there is some question marks on how his back is going to hold up? If we did trade him for a second and in 3 years he's out of the league are we going to still be upset?

I do think that with Kassian you're not just rolling the dice on him progressing into a top six but also if his back will hold up!

Growing up in the Peg 30 odd years ago, Bro Jake was the young rock n roll shock jock!

Not sure where getting too old to snort with musicians qualifies a guy to comment on hockey. I've never once tuned in to Pratt and Jake.

This would be a reverse Baertschi situation. And goes against what Benning has done up until now. He's been trading picks for guys in the 20-23 year old range. How old is Kassian, 24?

I could see this happening during pre season if someone like Grenier and/or Virtanen were serious considerations for replacing him in the lineup but right now it makes next to no sense.

A competitive camp would be great. Wonder if Grenier would take on Kassian to prove he wanted to be here? :huh:

If Benning is shopping kassian for a second it would be because he has a seperat deal in place for a player and the team is asking for a second

Last draft Benning made multiple moves with trades in mind

Dorset from the acquired 3rd

Vey for the acquired 2nd

If he's after a second or multiple seconds I'm sure it would be a part of a bigger trade

Making way for Lucic?

1. Canucks Central @CanucksNow 16m16 minutes ago
  2. It is reported that the #Canucks are trying to trade Zack Kassian for a 2nd round pick.
  3. Cory @nine30shineshop 14m14 minutes ago @ryanbiech @CanucksNow : I believe the "source" is Bro Jake this morning
  4. @ryanbiech Bro Jake from TSN1040 says he was told from his insiders.

How the frack did this evolve, in the OP of all places, into thinking we would make a move for Lucic? :sick:

In our position it would make no sense at all to send young assets for Lucic who will be UFA at the end of the year.

Kassian is here this year. Next year; do not sign and / or trade two of Bieksa, Hamhuis, Vrbata. Sign Lucic & Seabrook UFA. Money should be similar; roughly $14.5 to get Looch and Seabrook.

Lucic in tow for free (asset wise), no hurt in moving Kassian for what you can get if he had not made it by then yet...

I love Kassian and I don't want him traded, but did anybody ever wonder if Kassian doesn't wanna be here anymore after the new management and coach? Seriously, he may actually want out. Then Benning has no choice but to get a return now.

Yeah whatever!

Willie made mention that Kass was pencilled in to a top 6 role at the start of last season. Kass just did not take the job.

And he was given another shot 1/2 way through the year once he was in shape. All in all, to bad he hurt his back once he started playing well. He's not a UFA, we can retain his rights. He wont be making any demands unless he comes fighting fit and having taken care of his back. I personally believe he will. But you have to earn your rights & he is not that far yet...

I already tried to tell you guys this 1 week ago

Kassian was being packaged for Derick Pouiliot and a 2nd.

I love Kass, but i would strongly consider that.

Yeah sure as well. Packaged with what, Horvat?

And of course we would do it if a remote chance in hell opportunity to underpay for Pouliot popped up.

I already tried to tell you guys this 1 week ago

Kassian was being packaged for Derick Pouiliot and a 2nd.

IF that happened. You would potentially walk away from the draft with (including Lack and Bieksa trade):

Pouliot

Grigs or McCabe

Our First: which i hope would be one of White, Svechnikov, Boeser or Merkley

31st overall - Dunn, Carlo, Roslovic

46th overall - Roslovic, Fischer, Pilon or Andersson

and another mid to late second rounder. - hopefully one of the above.

Pretty good haul.

But i still love Kass though, so id be heavily conflicted.

0023ae6962090f63f79208.jpg

And?

Are you claiming because his team won a cup he's a superior player? There are so many holes in that kind of thinking I don't even know where to start.

Now I'm not claiming Kassian is better and maybe or maybe not will ever be, but that pic is not a good counter argument. Plenty of players much better than Lucic have never even had a sniff at that cup.

I can't believe how many ppl are complaining about a 2nd for Kas. What do you guys expect, a 1st? Kassian has "issues". JB will be lucky to get a 2nd. From the report/speculation it seems JB's asking for a 2nd but I don't think any one is biting yet. If JB could get a 2nd he would take it and run.

No way mgmt wants Kassian around when all the young prospects start making the club. There are things out there you won't here about. Maybe after he's traded away

Archived