The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Kassian Shopped for a 2nd Round Pick

And?

Are you claiming because his team won a cup he's a superior player? There are so many holes in that kind of thinking I don't even know where to start.

Now I'm not claiming Kassian is better and maybe or maybe not will ever be, but that pic is not a good counter argument. Plenty of players much better than Lucic have never even had a sniff at that cup.

He was a huge part of the Bruins winning in 2011. Played his ass off. He deserved it. And that's why he should play with Kassian on the second line centered by Horvat.

I already tried to tell you guys this 1 week ago

Kassian was being packaged for Derick Pouiliot and a 2nd.

That sounds yummy. I really don't want him traded he really looks to be turning it around. If its what management wants though I can live with it. Pouliot + a 2nd be sweet. If EDM wants him maybe we could grab yak and a 3rd? Kass is top 6 material no room for yak who had a bad season. Pouliot imo is going to be better then yak though. I'm not sure if yak will have a long career just a feeing. Would love to keep kass but up to nux brass. I'll support JB and co regardless.

I can't believe how many ppl are complaining about a 2nd for Kas. What do you guys expect, a 1st? Kassian has "issues". JB will be lucky to get a 2nd. From the report/speculation it seems JB's asking for a 2nd but I don't think any one is biting yet. If JB could get a 2nd he would take it and run.

No way mgmt wants Kassian around when all the young prospects start making the club. There are things out there you won't here about. Maybe after he's traded away

"Issues" lol. Things out there that we won't here about - but you will...

Baseless, classless crap.

He was a huge part of the Bruins winning in 2011. Played his ass off. He deserved it. And that's why he should play with Kassian on the second line centered by Horvat.

That was 4 years ago. Something is wrong with Lucic. His stats are off by 1/3....even his PIM's are down.

This trade rumour is just that imo. The Canucks need defense and want to get faster. Why would they trade away what they need for a slow forward who has issues? I hope Lucic gets it back together but the trade is just not a good fit right now.

has nothing to do with base or class. You know things I don't know and vise versa. Regardless, JB will be lucky to get a 2nd.

has nothing to do with base or class. You know things I don't know and vise versa. Regardless, JB will be lucky to get a 2nd.

He could easily get a 2nd for him..imo...Just before his back injury Kassian demonstrated what a difference maker he could be....If traded,could be one of those deals that come back to haunt you.

How could there not be issues. I won't get into the personal stuff either but Kassian has a lot of off ice bagage. Why else would they give a butting power forward away for a 2nd.

How could there not be issues. I won't get into the personal stuff either but Kassian has a lot of off ice bagage. Why else would they give a butting power forward away for a 2nd.

Except....they're not

People are putting WAY to much stock in to this. Seriously. It's frigging Bro Jake. He's as much chance of being right as some of these posters have of making a decent proposal on a regular basis

He could easily get a 2nd for him..imo...Just before his back injury Kassian demonstrated what a difference maker he could be....If traded,could be one of those deals that come back to haunt you.

He could turn out to be a difference maker but hasn't shown much yet.

I just don't see JB wanting Kassian around the other young kids coming up on a rebuilding team, particularly after seeing Benning say he did not want to baby sit Seguin in Boston. Even MG sent him to the minors for off ice behavior.

JB might get a 2nd but that's about it. He's not getting a 1st or grade A prospect for Kassian. Not happening.

Kass has had 3 different coaches in Vancouver. It's not like a particular coach has him in the dog house for no good reason.

Can we all agree that we're an average team in the NHL? Not great, not bad, just in the middle.

Kassian is a healthy scratch a fair bit on our team.

Average team, healthy scratch......................I'd trade him for a mid second in a heart beat.

Trying to teach a young immature kid a lesson

Archived