The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] - Kassian Shopped for a 2nd Round Pick

If Benning is shopping kassian for a second it would be because he has a seperat deal in place for a player and the team is asking for a second

Last draft Benning made multiple moves with trades in mind

Dorset from the acquired 3rd

Vey for the acquired 2nd

If he's after a second or multiple seconds I'm sure it would be a part of a bigger trade

This post should get more traction. Benning is a nutter when it comes to trades, these picks he's acquiring might not just be for the potential prospects, but rather to exchange them elsewhere. I mean Bieksa, Lack, and Kassian now all talked about being traded leading into the draft?

Benning is getting his 2nd rounders, how many remains to be seen. I wouldn't doubt though, if that number is greater than 1, that he starts wheeling for either more NHL ready prospects or for hockey trades and current roster players. I'm stoked.

This team was physically humiliated by the average and smallish flames in the playoffs. it was embarrassing to see ahl hacks like Ferlund and Colbourne push around the canucks ...even 18 year old sam bennett was charging the net with no consequence.

Sure trade Zack for a second rounder - how many second rounders have panned out in Canucks history....this team is so stacked with toughness and size they can surely afford to do that...bring on the speedbagging...

This team was physically humiliated by the average and smallish flames in the playoffs. it was embarrassing to see ahl hacks like Ferlund and Colbourne push around the canucks ...even 18 year old sam bennett was charging the net with no consequence.

Sure trade Zack for a second rounder - how many second rounders have panned out in Canucks history....this team is so stacked with toughness and size they can surely afford to do that...bring on the speedbagging...

Precisely why Bieksa needs to go, Ferland made him look like a rookie

Precisely why Bieksa needs to go, Ferland made him look like a rookie

Was that when Bieksa had him Jersey'd feeding him uppercut. Bieksa was playing hurt, well document. Having Sbisa as partner instead of steady Hamhuis made for a nightmarish D pair.

Canucks' team toughness was/is embarrassing. It's tough to lose players of Kassianamd Bieksa's ilk. Would love to get a matured Lucic.

Was that when Bieksa had him Jersey'd feeding him uppercut. Bieksa was playing hurt, well document. Having Sbisa as partner instead of steady Hamhuis made for a nightmarish D pair.

Canucks' team toughness was/is embarrassing. It's tough to lose players of Kassianamd Bieksa's ilk. Would love to get a matured Lucic.

Bieksa needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. All it did was fuel Ferland and brought out the best in his game. Made Bieksa look like a fool.

Bieksa needs to learn to keep his mouth shut. All it did was fuel Ferland and brought out the best in his game. Made Bieksa look like a fool.

Your right that didn't help but how embarrassing is it that Ferland was able to do that to the whole team. Zero team toughness, mental or physical, especially for a team with supposed veteran leadership.

I still can't believe none of those were hits were called for charging.

Your right that didn't help but how embarrassing is it that Ferland was able to do that to the whole team. Zero team toughness, mental or physical, especially for a team with supposed veteran leadership.

I still can't believe none of those were hits were called for charging.

Bieksa and Dorsett let me down. Sbisa was the only one throwing hits their way

Can we all agree that we're an average team in the NHL? Not great, not bad, just in the middle.

Kassian is a healthy scratch a fair bit on our team.

Average team, healthy scratch......................I'd trade him for a mid second in a heart beat.

Exactly this. IF this guy can't be a regular on an average team that desperately needs a power froward what is his real worth. Kass is no longer 20 years old, he's a 24.5 year old player.

Exactly this. IF this guy can't be a regular on an average team that desperately needs a power froward what is his real worth. Kass is no longer 20 years old, he's a 24.5 year old player.

Assuming every player figures it out by age 20, too bad that isn't the reality

Bertuzzi didn't score 25 goals until age 24 and not over 25 until age 27. The next few seasons are make it or break it for Kassian. Sometimes you just need to grow up and for some that takes awhile and for others it never happens

Bertuzzi didn't score 25 goals until age 24 and not over 25 until age 27. The next few seasons are make it or break it for Kassian. Sometimes you just need to grow up and for some that takes awhile and for others it never happens

Problem is Kassian is not 20, he'll be 25 in January and he hasn't figured out any part of the game, not just scoring.

Problem is Kassian is not 20, he'll be 25 in January and he hasn't figured out any part of the game, not just scoring.

Exactly, but Bertuzzi didn't figure it out until age 24 and really not until he was 26/27. Kassian may not be any different. He has 2-3 more years before you write him off

Not that I really believe this as a credible rumor... but if it is, it would be a strange time to give up on someone like Kassian.

He had an up and down season finished off by an injury. His value is probably at an all time low. There's little risk in playing him for another season and seeing where he ends up. If he makes no improvement, he may not even be worth a 2nd - but if he improves, he's the exact player we need. I'd say that's worth the risk.

A young, low cap player with potential. I'd rather keep him then take a wildcard 2nd rounder that he probably wouldn't even garner anyway.

Please just stop the whole "power forward takes more time to develop" mantra. Almost every successful power forward in the NHL start when they were 24 and under. Milan Lucic, Dustin Brown, Andrew Ladd, Scott Hartnell, Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Jarome Iginla, Wayne Simmond, Jamie Benn, David Backes, David Booth (pre-concussion)..... all arrived when they were 24 and under. I'm not including guys like Alex Ovechkin, Rick Nash, etc., either.

The odd exception to the rule.... Todd Bertuzzi and Johan Franzen (only because he never came to the NHL until much later). Guys who don't succeed by age 25 usually become fringe guys like Steve Bernier, Taylor Pyatt, Gulliaume Latendresse, and tons of guys playing elsewhere or converted to enforcers. Zack Kassian is starting to fall into the category of wasted potential.

Archived