The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[All Access] Canucks Pre-Draft Scouting Meeting

TheRussianRocket.

For all we know this was filmed before we even traded our second round pick for Baertschi. It might mean nothing.

Them looking at 40-60 is probably them just giving a range of where they thought their 2nd would be before they traded it.

My opinion as well DeNiro. This does not look like a recently made video. Looks like the scouts are still dressed in winter garb. Who wears a sweater in the month of June.

My opinion as well DeNiro. This does not look like a recently made video. Looks like the scouts are still dressed in winter garb. Who wears a sweater in the month of June.

Yes before we traded our 2nd for Baertschi

Ya, he said "their" 1st or 2nd line, and pot 30 goals. I think he's refering to a college-bound player, as it seems he's implying said player will be on a new team. Could also be a euro making the jump from junior to a euro-pro league. I mean of the forwards in that range, it's safe to assume the junior ones are already on the 1st or 2nd line producing around 30.

This makes the least sense. The player they are mentioning is a junior player that is playing behind some players. Most American players are playing in the USHL and scoring 30 goals in college is a stretch. If that player had that potential, he would be highly touted and not rated so low. For Example, Jack Eichel put up phenomenal numbers in his first year in college with 26 goals, 71 points in 40 games. You are crazy if you think there's a kid anywhere close to 40 in rank that is going to even touch 30 goals in college.

#40 is denis guryianov. happy days. only thing is every other gm in the league knows about him also. somewhere in the 'top 60,' i would bet my buck on it. there are other teams that can afford to take the khl risk more than us however and i don't see jb taking guryianov with our 1st. at the moment we will miss out on this talent; we will continue to struggle to find offence for the time being

35 is Bracco

37 is Zboril

36 = long name

38 is Pilon

39 = M something?

40 is Siegenthaler

Seems to be Marner, but just like everyone everywhere freaking out that "no way can Marner be ranked 39" this obviously isn't a mock draft sheet. It could be draft interview order, a different ranking of some sort based on need or attributes, or anything else for that matter. I remember a previous year where they had the players around their first pick at the top of the list followed by a number of players well above and below that mark in case of trades.

It's a meeting from earlier in the year as well versus the most recent meetings so keep that in mind as well.

I know by this time people have already freaked out on how our scouts suck (why is Delorme doodling/didn't say anything, why is Weisbrod leading the meeting, etc.) but let's all just calm down a little please.

Archived