The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2015-16 Schedule Released

DonaldBrashear

More info here: http://canucks.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=771127&navid=DL|VAN|home

VANCOUVER, B.C., - The Vancouver Canucks, in conjunction with the National Hockey League, released their 2015.16 regular season and pre-season schedules today. The Canucks open the regular season with an exciting home-and-home series against 2015 playoff rival the Calgary Flames, beginning on Wednesday, October 7th at Calgary, followed by the home opener on Saturday, October 10th at Rogers Arena.

The 2015.16 NHL season marks the third year of a league-wide, four-division format providing fans the opportunity to see every team in every arena. Marquee match-ups highlighting the Canucks schedule at Rogers Arena this season include the Montreal Canadiens on Tuesday, October 27, the Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks on Saturday, November 21 and Toronto Maple Leafs on Saturday, February 13. The busiest night of the week is Saturday with 15 games, followed closely by Tuesday and Thursday when 14 games are scheduled each night in 2015.16.

The Canucks schedule features 29 games against Pacific Division opponents, 21 games against remaining Western Conference teams and another 32 games against Eastern Conference clubs.

DATES TO REMEMBER:

October 7 Season Opener @ Calgary Flames
October 10 Home Opener vs Calgary Flames
October 27 vs Montreal Canadiens
November 4 vs Pittsburgh Penguins
November 21 vs 2015 Stanley Cup Champion Chicago Blackhawks
February 13 vs Toronto Maple Leafs
April 9 Regular season finale vs Edmonton Oilers

Just a quick glance at our schedule, but wtf? I thought Calgary was supposed to visit Rogers Arena 3 times this year?

Last year they only came to Rogers Arena 2x, and we played at the Saddledome 3x.

This year it's the same thing... they come to Rogers Arena 2x, and we play at Saddledome 3x. Isn't it supposed to alternate?

Edit: Nevermind, figured it out. I guess they only came to Rogers 2x last year, and we went there 2x. It was the non-5 game division opponent. Confusing. We need 2 more teams in the western conference. Seattle and Las Vegas hurry up.

Play the Sharks five times from Feb 28-Mar 31

Good lord. That's hilarious. Well, if my predictions are correct, then San Jose will plunge to the bottom of the standings this year and finish around dead last (sort of like the once mighty Carolina). If that's the case then maybe we can get 5 easy wins out of them if they are pushing for that #1 draft pick.

Looks like the Canucks will not have the benefit of having the easiest schedule in the NHL this coming season.

They face only a few tired teams who played the night before and instead look to face a few more well-rested teams while being tired themselves.

They have a 7-game, 11 day road trip in November. A 6-game, 9 day road trip in December. Another one in January. And cram 21 games into March.

This is by far a horrible schedule for the Canucks. I am disappointed that there is no road trip for California. I was looking forward to seeing Phoenix this year...as my dad just moved there this summer. Holy Hanna long road trips!

Hey, this is not that bad schedule, only 10 set of back to back games this year, their lowest b2b in years? 4 back to back set before the end of the year and 6 back to back after the New Year's. With only 1 set of home back to back games, therefore 9 back to back games will involve with at least one road game. The season-long road games, 7 gamer does not have any b2b games. Also the best part of the pre-Christmas schedule is that they go on the road for 6 games then 3 days off with no practice at all, the league-imposed days off. They should recover and maybe no first-game back effect because other teams will have to travel on the same day before the game and has no practice at all as well. So no advantage to other teams. 6 games road trip before the All-star break with just one home game, probably a loss but gives them a week off to recover then after that, no more east coast road trip after the January road trip. I'd take this type of schedule considering that they are the westernmost team in the league.

Archived