The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VAN Kevin Bieksa to ANA

I really try to not be nostalgic, but Bieksa is one of my perennial favorites. If he does move, I hope it works out in his favour, because it really won't be helping us. Bieksa = Warrior. Canucks need more Warriors, not less. If he is moved, we better replace him with a younger version of...him.

I really try to not be nostalgic, but Bieksa is one of my perennial favorites. If he does move, I hope it works out in his favour, because it really won't be helping us. Bieksa = Warrior. Canucks need more Warriors, not less. If he is moved, we better replace him with a younger version of...him.

Pedan? Clendening?

Detroit might be interested in Bieksa.

Its sad to see Juice go, just as it was Sad to see Garrison go, but when you habe a logjam of 'top 4' all making 4-6 million, all with NTCs...and little to show for it results wise, somethings gotta give eventually. I hope they can find something that works for Juice and our team.

Well put. If Bieksa goes I hope he can get a cup...as long as it's not at the expense of the Canucks or with Boston/LA/Anaheim

Big mistake IMO. Bieksa would stay till the end for cheap. But I guess Tanev and Sbisa aren't going anywhere, so someone has to go.

That's just it. I don't WANT Bieksa here until the end.

Bieksa brings a specific skill set, and what that is at this point in time simply doesn't make up for all of his other deficiencies. This is a team in transition, and what Corrado/Clendenning bring they're more than capable of providing what Bieksa can while being younger, cheaper and better in areas where Bieksa is deficient.

The only thing Bieksa had going for him recently was his snarl, last season and in the playoffs he was all bark and no bite. For his cap hit we can do much, much better.

@mattsekeres

Kevin Bieksa's agent tells me that the #Canucks have not asked him to waive his no-trade clause. Wouldn't comment when asked if Bieksa would

Well then.

I don't think the Canucks or his agent would publicly come out and say he would waive his NTC unless there is a trade coming in the next couple of hours or tomorrow.

The rumour that Bettman wants to wait for the trades to go through at the draft is probably real. surprised I haven't seen any trades yet.

jacks-complete-lack-of-surprise.gif

Just get it over with, this endless process of vets leaving.

Are you saying:

BUF

Bieksa

Lack

Change

VAN

#2 - 2015

All kidding aside... Bieksa is a Canuck like Linden is a Canuck end of story.

A new chapter begins.

Archived