The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Buf and Van-Tor

Trade 1:

To Buffalo: Lack and Jensen

To Vancouver: 21st overall pick

Lack by himself is worth more then the 31st pick but less then the 21st so we send Jensen as well. Hopefully they will accept.

Trade 2:

To Toronto: Bonino and Bieksa (add in Stanton if they want a bit more)

To Vancouver: Bozak and Torontos 3rd round pick

I know that Bonino has a great cap hit, but I would rather have Bozak at 4.2 then Bonino at 1.9. Bozak is a legit number 2 center and could anchor our second line for a few years until Horvat is ready to take over. He's also only 2 years older then Bonino so he's still relatively young. Toronto needs defence and we need to clear some cap space so we send Bieksa there as well. I think that he would waive to go to Toronto because it's close to his hometown and I'm pretty sure he grew up a Maple Leafs fan. We also get their 3rd round pick in this year's deep draft.

Trade 3:

To any team he waives to: Higgins

To Vancouver: 2nd round pick

Higgins is a great 3rd line winger that could put up 15-18 goals and 40 points a year. He's also a great leader and responsible defensively.

We now have 2 first round picks, a second and an early third. We could either move up in the first round with our 2 picks or stay there. We also clear some cap space which we can then use to sign Franson while also getting a legit number 2 center to play behind Henrik for a couple of years.

make it 31 + 51 instead of 21. Linden stated there was a bunch of guys that they liked in the 2nd, and Buffalo's said that they like Lack just as much as Talbot.

TOR is okay, I guess. Would be nice if they could retain some of Bozak.

Higgins would probably go to CGY. He's played there before, and it's still far enough away from home.

Good job.

make it 31 + 51 instead of 21. Linden stated there was a bunch of guys that they liked in the 2nd, and Buffalo's said that they like Lack just as much as Talbot.

TOR is okay, I guess. Would be nice if they could retain some of Bozak.

Higgins would probably go to CGY. He's played there before, and it's still far enough away from home.

Good job.

I personally like the 21st pick more then 31 and 51. I don't think Buffalo would trade 2 second round picks for Lack and Jensen anyways.

Trade 1:

Lack by himself is worth more then the 31st pick but less then the 21st so we send Jensen as well. Hopefully they will accept.

Trade 2:

To Toronto: Bonino and Bieksa (add in Stanton if they want a bit more)

To Vancouver: Bozak and Torontos 3rd round pick

I know that Bonino has a great cap hit, but I would rather have Bozak at 4.2 then Bonino at 1.9. Bozak is a legit number 2 center and could anchor our second line for a few years until Horvat is ready to take over. He's also only 2 years older then Bonino so he's still relatively young. Toronto needs defence and we need to clear some cap space so we send Bieksa there as well. I think that he would waive to go to Toronto because it's close to his hometown and I'm pretty sure he grew up a Maple Leafs fan. We also get their 3rd round pick in this year's deep draft.

Trade 3:

To any team he waives to: Higgins

To Vancouver: 2nd round pick

Higgins is a great 3rd line winger that could put up 15-18 goals and 40 points a year. He's also a great leader and responsible defensively.

We now have 2 first round picks, a second and an early third. We could either move up in the first round with our 2 picks or stay there. We also clear some cap space which we can then use to sign Franson while also getting a legit number 2 center to play behind Henrik for a couple of years.

These trades fall more in line with what Benning has been talking about. I don't want to see Lack go but it looks certain he will. I wish him all the best of luck if he is traded. He will do well wherever he goes.

We will know how it will all settles in 48 hours.

The first deal I'd do but I doubt Buffalo wants to move that 1st.

The second deal is a joke, right?

The third deal is just regurgitated and non-specific so not really anything to comment on.

How is the second deal a joke? Toronto is shopping Bozak and the Canucks are reportedy willing to trade Bieksa. Toronto would obviously want a center back so we give them Bonino while they give us a 3rd to even things out. Please tell me how it's a joke.

So we just give them Bonino, who's not that dissimilar a player at a much cheaper cap hit? He and Bozak are basically even value (Bozak's better but older and then there's the cap hit) so we're also trading Bieksa for a 3rd. And you're considering adding Stanton?

Skip the Bonino/Bozak swap and just move Bieksa if that's what you want to do.

Trade 1:

Even though the Sabres definitely need more depth at the Right Wing, there's no advantage to picking up Jensen. The guy is a disappointment and a total throw away player. As always quantity does not beat quality.

As an aside, even according to Benning, Lack isn't worth more than the 31st pick. His initial asking price of a mid second round pick is proof of that.

Fortunately for Vancouver there may end up being a bidding war and Lack will fetch a second round pick plus a prospect. To me this is the likeliest of scenarios.

Buffalo gets fleeced here. Jensen doesnt have enough value. We gotta keep him since the return is to low on him at the moment. Never know he might figure it out mentally to go along with all the tools and could turn out to be a player one day

Archived