The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Mike Green and Erik Fehr to test free agency

probably too much $$

isn't the best defensively sound also...

(definitely had a good year though)

He's a guy best paired with a guy who likes playing smart D. If we had a Willie Mitchell type guy it'd be amazing. Hammer - Green would own the blue line, seriously.

We really could run the year like Chicago does. the Top 4 guys get their 25 mins a game, the Sbisa pairing gets a cleanup 10 when it doesn't hurt too badly.

I'd love Green.

He's called Game-Over-Green for a reason. The guy is money on the point on the PP and in OT. Sedin-Sedin-Edler and Horvat-Baertshi-Green.

The game is not getting to a shootout. Somebody is winning that in OT because the puck is going in our net if it doesn't wind up in theirs :P

I hope Benning doesn't get caught up in the hype of game over green. He's not the same player he used to be.

Green still thinks he's a megabucks defenseman. I think there are spots for him around the NHL, but even if we dump Juice for picks and buy out Higgins or something, we still won't have enough cap space for Green while filling a lineup. Should be an interesting ride for whatever team acquires the oft-injured tattoo junkie.

As much as injuries were a concern he seems to have gotten ahead of those injuries and played quite well last season in a lesser role ATOI-wise anyways.

Green appears about 5 years removed from being a great d-man and has not played anything close to a full season for quite a while. He would help a lot with the pp but the price, risk and reward seems too high. I say pass.

Archived