The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Supreme Court rules gay marriage finally legal across the USA

Mr. Ambien

Actually...

Matthew 7:1-5

Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

“Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? How can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye.

You're not too far off, but include the whole thing next time. And there's nothing wrong with being judged.

By not far off you mean exactly right? I'm pretty sure hate is not sanctioned by Christ. Judging and hating are not mutually exclusive, but when Dude used them at the same time, I'm pretty sure I was bang on.

I'm just glad its done with so I can stop hearing about all this non-sense.

Maybe if people would stop shoving this crap down our throats there wouldn't be so much frustration/hate towards the LGBTYXOSHG community.

Lol @ "rammed down our throats". Maybe gay people are simply tired of having a biased definition of marriage rammed down their throats for centuries. If they didn't make noise, no changes would take place. I'm not exactly sure how the gay rights movement has forced anything on you. You're right that one day it would be nice if being gay wasn't a big deal or wouldn't result in any fanfare, but that can only come after society becomes fully accepting and that hasn't happened yet.

Truth. I once saw a guy on the boards argue up and down that there's sound in space because movies always have sound in space.

That would be a dumb argument that poster made, but the Voyager already recorded sound in interstellar space two years ago.

Of course, for humans, sound is also limited because of the way the human ear functions. We can't even hear most sounds on our own planet with our ears alone.

Truth. I once saw a guy on the boards argue up and down that there's sound in space because movies always have sound in space.

Wait, there's no sound in space? How the hell would they film movies in space with no sound?

I have zero problem with them wanting equal treatment, in fact I support it (even as a Christian). They should have the right to do it even if Christians disagree with it.

I just don't want to hear about it every day of my life. Facebook is overrun with pride parades/Bruce (or caitlyn) Jenner and other stuff I don't need crammed down my throat.

Cool, so all we have to do is remove it as an issue and you won't ever have to hear about it again. Once everyone experiences equality equally then there won't be anything special about any subset of the population that would require you to be inundated by it.

That's like people saying racism is gone and done with when clearly it isn't. We wouldn't have all these news stories about race if it were truly no longer an issue.

I know I shouldn't be posting straw man drivel, but I can't help myself:

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/06/26/mike-huckabee-i-will-not-bow-to-the-court-on-this-gay-marriage-decision-any-more-than-the-founders-bowed-to-british-tyranny/

Mike Huckabee: I will not bow to the Court on this gay-marriage decision any more than the Founders bowed to British tyranny

Embarrassing but true: When the Court’s decision dropped, for the first time in my life, I actually had the thought, “I’m curious to hear what Mike Huckabee says about this.”

He came loaded for bear.

“The Supreme Court has spoken with a very divided voice on something only the Supreme Being can do-redefine marriage. I will not acquiesce to an imperial court any more than our Founders acquiesced to an imperial British monarch. We must resist and reject judicial tyranny, not retreat.

“This ruling is not about marriage equality, it’s about marriage redefinition. This irrational, unconstitutional rejection of the expressed will of the people in over 30 states will prove to be one of the court’s most disastrous decisions, and they have had many. The only outcome worse than this flawed, failed decision would be for the President and Congress, two co-equal branches of government, to surrender in the face of this out-of-control act of unconstitutional, judicial tyranny.”

“The Supreme Court can no more repeal the laws of nature and nature’s God on marriage than it can the laws of gravity. Under our Constitution, the court cannot write a law, even though some cowardly politicians will wave the white flag and accept it without realizing that they are failing their sworn duty to reject abuses from the court. If accepted by Congress and this President, this decision will be a serious blow to religious liberty, which is the heart of the First Amendment.”

Leave it to desiboy to leave a stupid/unfunny comment.

Anyways, glad it finally happened, sooner than I thought TBH.

And if you're a Christian who says they are against gay equality you better follow every damn rule in the bible then, like no pre-marital sex...

You can hate peoples choices- being gay. You can't hate them for something they're born with- Down Syndrome. Since according to the bible being Gay is a choice, we can disagree with them. Now a Christian should not hate a gay for being gay, however hate the fact they chose to be gay.

giphy.gif

Does it really say that ? Who got drunk and wrote that book anyways ?

By not far off you mean exactly right? I'm pretty sure hate is not sanctioned by Christ. Judging and hating are not mutually exclusive, but when Dude used them at the same time, I'm pretty sure I was bang on.

Oh. Yeah. But don't use that verse out of context.

Archived