The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

US Supreme Court rules gay marriage finally legal across the USA

Mr. Ambien

It's like watching Bill O'Reilly of the left, except this guy is as popular as Alex Jones.

I feel bad for the guest trying to make serious points with the idiot bantering between so-called "questions".

It's fine if you don't like his interview energy...

But if you actually watch his shows, using Bill O'Reilly and Alex Jones as a comparison is absolutely insane.

Also, just to add to the story at hand...

https://youtu.be/9JoThPbHlhQ

People never used to want blacks around either, didn't want their ways and culture "rammed down our throats"

In other countries, people will gay-bash and kill homosexuals. Glad to be in Canada.

WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? If you love someone, who cares about their gender.

I'm gay, thank god I live here and not Russia or Jamaica or some other F*cked up place

I'm also Christian, Gays arent trying to ruin the church or the 'family society' they just deserve equal

rights just like Hindus and Negroes are getting

I watched a documentary about Gays in Jamaica the other day. Sad state of affairs brought about by the public buying in when American tv evangilists claimed gays were an abomination in the early 80's. Without the separation of church and state the religious majority brought about laws making being gay illegal. Till this day they endure inhuman treatment on a daily bases and must flee the county to save their own lives.

It's incredible that people still believe being gay is a choice when in so many places being gay is tantamount to a death sentence. Who the hell would choose to be harassed, beaten, killed, or face jail time based on their sexual preference? Who would risk being ostracized by their family, community, freinds, or church if they had a "choice". It don't make no sense.

Sounds like I missed a hell of a thread.

People never used to want blacks around either, didn't want their ways and culture "rammed down our throats"

In other countries, people will gay-bash and kill homosexuals. Glad to be in Canada.

WHY DO YOU CARE SO MUCH? If you love someone, who cares about their gender.

I'm gay, thank god I live here and not Russia or Jamaica or some other F*cked up place

I'm also Christian, Gays arent trying to ruin the church or the 'family society' they just deserve equal

rights just like Hindus and Negroes are getting

I have a third cousin in Russia somewhere who is gay. I've never met the guy, and we spoke twice on Skype, once with my mom and just recently he called me. What he's told me about his life had me in disbelief and overwhelming sense of sadness. His brothers want nothing to do with him, his mother pushed him away, he's been lured and beaten by groups of young men, people tell him to his face how disgusted they are. All the goddamn time.

He's hoping to come to Canada as a refugee, and I really hope it happens. That's no way to live for a human being.

Time for angry pastors to burn themselves to death in protest. Will there be popcorn available with assorted flavors?

One flavour only - schadenfreude.

Glad to see some equality coming to the homosexual community. This shouldnt have ever been something that could be controlled by the government to begin with. IMO religion in general is toxic and overall very negative for our communities, countries and the world in general, so having it have any bearing at all on government policy is absolutely ridiculous and not in the best interest of the population whatsoever. Personally I find it very obnoxious that Christians want to control what someone else does with their life, or who someone else chooses to marry.

Overall a great step towards greater equality and a move that will hopefully make many, many people happy in the LGBT community.

Still hearing the same stupid argument all the time about this. "marriage is between one man and one woman. The bible says so"

Yet people seem to disregard the fact that marriage is over 2500 years older than their god/religion.

Congratulations to America's LGBT community. This was long overdue.

Now you can be a miserable as the heterosexuals who are married :towel:

I have zero problem with them wanting equal treatment, in fact I support it (even as a Christian). They should have the right to do it even if Christians disagree with it.

I just don't want to hear about it every day of my life. Facebook is overrun with pride parades/Bruce (or caitlyn) Jenner and other stuff I don't need crammed down my throat.

If you didn't hear about it every damn day then nothing would change. Not only that but bruce/caitlyn jenner has nothing to do with gays. It's transgender which is completely different than gays having the right to be married/equal rights. To further expand on your idiocy I will say that I as someone who is not a Christian am sick of seeing your crapty religion all over my TV, Facebook, everywhere actually. I am sick of it and you are the prime example as to why Christians are ignorant dumb-asses. Oh I don't want to hear about gays getting married I'm sick of their complaining yet my religion needs to be brought into every discussions. Oh Christians are so amazing oh Christians aren't terrorists Christians don't start wars - we feed the poor! Here's a news flash for you shut the frack up.

I will also point out you weren't even born 20 years ago lmao

I have zero problem with them wanting equal treatment, in fact I support it (even as a Christian). They should have the right to do it even if Christians disagree with it.

I just don't want to hear about it every day of my life. Facebook is overrun with pride parades/Bruce (or caitlyn) Jenner and other stuff I don't need crammed down my throat.

Evidently, you do.

Oh. Yeah. But don't use that verse out of context.

Come on man, it was in complete context. I just didn't copy and paste the whole quote. I don't pick on religion Jazz, only ignorance, and the "judge not" quote was totally contextually applicable to "Felix the Troll Potvin's" comment.

Come on man, it was in complete context. I just didn't copy and paste the whole quote. I don't pick on religion Jazz, only ignorance, and the "judge not" quote was totally contextually applicable to "Felix the Troll Potvin's" comment.

Touché.

Archived