The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Adam McQuaid

Okay so the Flames gave away 1 and two 2nd rounders.

well here a few teams that could of beat that offer Colorado, Oilers, Leafs (yep them), Columbus oh wait the list goes on lol

Colorado - could of offered Ryan O reilly, picks

Oilers - better picks

list goes on dude, just admit this will end up being the worst trade in the NHL hamiltion is that freaking good. Flames will be a threat next year.

It's a bad trade but Boston was saving cap. I still wouldn't have done it but I guess they had too. Right now it's a bad trade, but down the line if one of those 3 picks develops into something you never now...

Okay so the Flames gave away 1 and two 2nd rounders.

well here a few teams that could of beat that offer Colorado, Oilers, Leafs (yep them), Columbus oh wait the list goes on lol

Colorado - could of offered Ryan O reilly, picks

Oilers - better picks

list goes on dude, just admit this will end up being the worst trade in the NHL hamiltion is that freaking good. Flames will be a threat next year.

Wtf would they want O'Reilly and his garbage $6mil contract?

One thing you can't compute is no team with a pick better than #10 is going to offer that plus 2 2nd rounders for Hamilton so that eliminates Toronto and Columbus.

But you're right, this is easily the WORST TRADE EVER!!!

Wtf would they want O'Reilly and his garbage $6mil contract?

One thing you can't compute is no team with a pick better than #10 is going to offer that plus 2 2nd rounders for Hamilton so that eliminates Toronto and Columbus.

But you're right, this is easily the WORST TRADE EVER!!!

Exactly, the offer sheet was going to happen and Boston would have received a first, second and a third when it did happen. There is zero chance they would have been able to match so they dealt with it now. I guess other people don't see it. Other GMs did, so yeah, they knew the Bruins were over a barrel.

If Hamilton settles for under 7 million, this will be the most hated signing in Boston. Fair price for McQuaid, but still, traded Hamilton for next to nothing (forced handicap, when they could have easily made another Lucic-type deal to create enough space).

Since when is 3 draft picks before the 3rd round next to nothing?

Since when is 3 draft picks before the 3rd round next to nothing?

Hamilton was dealt for next to nothing, 1 1st rounder for a future franchise defencemen. The 2 2nds make that trade look bad.

The 3 picks will get them 3 great prospects in a deep draft. But their asset management is horendenous. First Seguin (Chia) and now Hamilton (Sweeney).

Hamilton was dealt for next to nothing, 1 1st rounder for a future franchise defencemen. The 2 2nds make that trade look bad.

The 3 picks will get them 3 great prospects in a deep draft. But their asset management is horendenous. First Seguin (Chia) and now Hamilton (Sweeney).

Still can't say they traded him for next to nothing, 2nd round picks aren't scrubs, many good players have been selected in the 2nd round.

So no they did not trade him for next to nothing especially when you don't even know who they will pick.

Maybe 5 years from now if none of the picks pan out you can say they traded him for next to nothing. Writing the picks off now before they have even been to a training camp is stupid.

I'll take Mcquaid any day over sbisa. Even if their cap is reverse. Canucks are so soft. Other than dorsett and kassian, this team is so soft.

Toughness is overrated, one of the softest teams in the league has won SC this year.

Still can't say they traded him for next to nothing, 2nd round picks aren't scrubs, many good players have been selected in the 2nd round.

So no they did not trade him for next to nothing especially when you don't even know who they will pick.

Maybe 5 years from now if none of the picks pan out you can say they traded him for next to nothing. Writing the picks off now before they have even been to a training camp is stupid.

I disagree. Boston could have hauled a lot more for Hamilton. Their return is nearly on par with an offersheet return. The Bruins could have made other moves to keep Hamilton.

Next to nothing is an overstatement / exaggeration but the point is that they did goof up.

You're missing the entire point of my comments. I didn't state that the prospects in Round 1 and 2 are bad in value, the selected players could turn out to be great. My point is that their return value for Hamilton and Seguin is pathetic. 2 blue chip franchise players for futures (Hamilton) and quantity (Seguin).

Boston's owned pick doesn't count in this discussion. Only the LA and Calgary owned picks were acquired in trades (Lucic & Hamilton). The Lucic trade was fine. Top 15 pick for a UFA next yr, not bad.

Archived