The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Bruins re-sign Adam McQuaid

I disagree. Boston could have hauled a lot more for Hamilton. Their return is nearly on par with an offersheet return. The Bruins could have made other moves to keep Hamilton.

Next to nothing is an overstatement / exaggeration but the point is that they did goof up.

You're missing the entire point of my comments. I didn't state that the prospects in Round 1 and 2 are bad in value, the selected players could turn out to be great. My point is that their return value for Hamilton and Seguin is pathetic. 2 blue chip franchise players for futures (Hamilton) and quantity (Seguin).

Boston's owned pick doesn't count in this discussion. Only the LA and Calgary owned picks were acquired in trades (Lucic & Hamilton). The Lucic trade was fine. Top 15 pick for a UFA next yr, not bad.

Clearly no one offered more and they felt the deal worked for them or they wouldn't have made it. Also I don't buy Dougie Hamilton as a franchise d man, he is a very good d man but not a franchise d man.

Also Seguin's situation has been talked about ad nauseum around here. When you're in the stanley cup finals and need the team to have someone watch you because of over partying there is a major problem.

Also Reilly Smith could still pan out for the Bruins maybe not the best return for Seguin but that's what happens to a players value when issues like Seguin's come up.

So no, I'm not missing your point just have a different opinion on where the Bruins are at as of now.

Archived