The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

Brock being a right handed shot too.  

On 650 right now they just touched on the whole Brock being shopped rumour...said it was unfortunate.  Talking to SOB and they asked if they knew of a player who was put in that position and the timing/effect of it all.  He said Burr...that he spent a bit of time reassuring him over the matter.  Told him not to worry because they were first in the division and he was a great match with the Sedins and part of it.  Burr took that hometown discount because he really wanted to stay.

• Like 1

Some love for the flow from the NHL of all places

NHL Top 15 Right Wings

13. Brock Boeser, Vancouver Canucks

Total points: 40

Season stats: 45 points (16 goals, 29 assists) in 57 games

Career playoff stats: N/A

Boeser has been one of the more productive right wings in the NHL during the past three seasons with 156 points (71 goals, 85 assists) in 188 games. Among right wings during that time, he's tied for 15th in goals, tied for 16th in points and 12th in points per game (0.83; minimum 100 games) despite being 58th in games played.

12 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Sekeres backpedaled what he said when he realized it blew up. He realized that making up a completely false report might come back to bite him.

Like I said in another thread; it is so sad that this report even became a thing.

Brock is a big part of our core. 

Like Petey and Hughes, Boeser's mature beyond his years and has become an endeared part of the Canuck franchise and it's fans.

While I, like most others, believe changes are coming, I do not believe it will be coming at the expense of our top six.

• Vintage 1

• 2 weeks later...

Haven’t posted on the board for quite a while now. Needless to say the world these days is a strange one and with sports largely absent, including our beloved hockey, posting on hockey Internet forums has not been a priority. But as it looked like a return to play was looking feasible for the NHL  - could be that they’ve done the best job so far of the major sports leagues - I’ve been slowly and steadily immersing myself back into things with the team, and with this forum.

One of the first clips I saw of the Canucks back in action, weeks ago,  was Boeser in one of the drills. Almost immediately I thought to myself “He looks quite a bit quicker”. I watched the clip several more times. No doubt, to my eyes there was a burst there I’d not seen since....ever? Now the narrative has been firmly established that he changed his training during the layoff, focusing on being lean and quick with excellent cardio. Remember when he showed up to camp ABSOLUTELY JACKED? Was that at the start of this season, or last? Anyway,  a lot of folks thought he was gonna roll that season..but the truth was he lacked the quickness to get to the spots he needed to be to get his shot off. Unless you are a specific sort of athletic freak, bulky muscle has never really been the ideal approach for hockey. I think Brock got the memo....apparently he hit his Peloton hard and the results during this camp has been extremely noticeable. 

I’m hopeful that what we see soon is the highest form of Brock Boeser so far. Add to this the fact QH and EP appear to have taken steps forward just based upon further physical maturity added to their insane talent levels....and I’m unbelievably excited for hockey in August. 

LETS GO.

Edited by Locke Lamora
  • Vintage 1

2 minutes ago, Locke Lamora said:

Haven’t posted on the board for quite a while now. Needless to say the world these days is a strange one and with sports largely absent, including our beloved hockey, posting on hockey Internet forums has not been a priority. But as it looked like a return to play was looking feasible for the NHL  - could be that they’ve done the best job so far of the major sports leagues - I’ve been slowly and steadily immersing myself back into things with the team, and with this forum.

One of the first clips I saw of the Canucks back in action, weeks ago,  was Boeser in one of the drills. Almost immediately I thought to myself “He looks quite a bit quicker”. I watched the clip several more times. No doubt, to my eyes there was a burst there I’d not seen since....ever? Now the narrative has been firmly established that he changed his training during the layoff, focusing on being lean and quick with excellent cardio. Remember when he showed up to camp ABSOLUTELY JACKED? Was that at the start of this season, or last? Anyway,  a lot of folks thought he was gonna roll that season..but the truth was he lacked the quickness to get to the spots he needed to be to get his shot off. Unless you are a specific sort of athletic freak, bulky muscle has never really been the ideal approach for hockey. I think Brock got the memo....apparently he hit his Peloton hard and the results during this camp has been extremely noticeable. 

I’m hopeful that what we see soon is the highest form of Brock Boeser so far. Add to this the fact QH and EP appear to have taken steps forward just based upon further physical maturity added to their insane talent levels....and I’m unbelievably excited for hockey in August. 

LETS GO.

Whenever you see the words "lethal powerplay" and "Canucks" in the same sentence you have to start getting excited..  if Brock, Petey, JT, Bo, and Huggy can create some magic on the regular that helps us tremendously. a lot of that will start with Boeser being able to find the back of the net and being a slapshot threat from his side

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-fine-tuning-lethal-power-play-potential-playoff-game-changer/

Canucks fine-tuning lethal power play, a potential playoff game changer

8 hours ago, Chicken. said:

Whenever you see the words "lethal powerplay" and "Canucks" in the same sentence you have to start getting excited..  if Brock, Petey, JT, Bo, and Huggy can create some magic on the regular that helps us tremendously. a lot of that will start with Boeser being able to find the back of the net and being a slapshot threat from his side

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/canucks-fine-tuning-lethal-power-play-potential-playoff-game-changer/

Canucks fine-tuning lethal power play, a potential playoff game changer

It will be interesting to see what the reffing is like.  Usually at the start of the year they’re calling everything and in the playoffs the whistles go away..... this is kind of both lol. 

On 7/14/2020 at 7:50 AM, debluvscanucks said:

Why does CDC put rumors in a category with trades and signings? That legitimizes rumors and helps spread the sensationalism of rumor bs talk. Rumors need to be in their own category with a disclaimer that there is no truth to them and that is why they are rumors.  That will help downplay the nonsense and CDC will actually help avoid tearing down players as was done to Brock in this case.

This is the third time I have posted this to mods on here without any comment back so far.

- Deb. I think that CDC needs to do a better job protecting players from salacious bs rumors. Put rumors in a separate category with a disclaimer that it is a rumor with no basis in fact.  This will protect players like Boeser rather than expose them to days of nonsense posts on here - until he has to actually speak out against it.

We are a fan forum and not twitter.  We need to do better to protect our players from rumor bs that causes them harm.  Brock was called out needlessly on this forum of which you are a mod.  I thought it was a real shame as a fan to have him feel like the fans in Vancouver were jumping on him due to lousy reporting. I'm sure you agree.

You have just posted your support for Brock. Good for you. Now how  about actually making a change to the way we at CDC present rumors so that you can say to him that you have made a structural change to protect him and other Canuck players from this sort of BS in the future?  Thank you.

Lowkey, rumors could go in the armchair gm section and it'd be fine. Lol. With that said it's fine the way it is. I think fans just need to relax when radio guys throw crap out there. Too often fans here overreact to any and every story that gets out there. Instead of blaming the system maybe we should just relax and take things with a grain of salt? 

• Vintage 1

15 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Lowkey, rumors could go in the armchair gm section and it'd be fine. Lol. With that said it's fine the way it is. I think fans just need to relax when radio guys throw crap out there. Too often fans here overreact to any and every story that gets out there. Instead of blaming the system maybe we should just relax and take things with a grain of salt? 

So you are ok with Brock getting called out needlessly on CDC? He had to put up with days of fan speculation that he was going to get traded and many who argued he should or suggested that he wasn't the player they thought he was going to be and hacking on him. You read all that right? You think that is ok? You think when he had to come out and defend himself that was ok as well? Your advice to him is don't sweat it everything is fine the way it is?

What did you think when it turns out it was all made up?

Passive on this point is not right.  CDC needs to support players or have reasonable discussion.  Promoting lies and unsubstantiated rumors that hurt our players is not acceptable.  

Edited by fanfor42

40 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yeah, if the (loud) vocal minority on here that listen to the talking heads on radio, Twitter etc actually considered their sources...

Then again, WTF would we talk about then? :lol:

52 minutes ago, fanfor42 said:

So you are ok with Brock getting called out needlessly on CDC? He had to put up with days of fan speculation that he was going to get traded and many who argued he should or suggested that he wasn't the player they thought he was going to be and hacking on him. You read all that right? You think that is ok? You think when he had to come out and defend himself that was ok as well? Your advice to him is don't sweat it everything is fine the way it is?

What did you think when it turns out it was all made up?

Passive on this point is not right.  CDC needs to support players or have reasonable discussion.  Promoting lies and unsubstantiated rumors that hurt our players is not acceptable.  

I’d say it’s more a media problem than it is where threads go on CDC problem. You vastly overestimate how much eyes are on us. In regards to the players. I hated that rumour before it even got debunked. But fans overreacting is not gonna change by moving the rumours thread. Media won’t be less stupid/insensitive by that change either. If anything your outrage should be pointed at Twitter and media heads. Not CDC and where our threads are placed. 

16 minutes ago, aGENT said:

Yeah, if the (loud) vocal minority on here that listen to the talking heads on radio, Twitter etc actually considered their sources...

Then again, WTF would we talk about then? :lol:

You are being tongue in cheek but you raise a really important point.  Does nothing matter as long as we have something to chat about online? Who gets hurt? What's real? What's false?

This is the whole point.  CDC needs to protect the Canuck players from lies and untrue rumors.  

Why have a fan forum if it causes harm to the team? In today's cancel culture it is a nasty place unless the forum is set up to  promote the team and make the fan experience a positive place.

John Cleese says that cancel culture has missed the point of living - which is to have fun. 

CDC should promote having fun and protect great players like Boeser from cancel culture.

6 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

I’d say it’s more a media problem than it is where threads go on CDC problem. You vastly overestimate how much eyes are on us. In regards to the players. I hated that rumour before it even got debunked. But fans overreacting is not gonna change by moving the rumours thread. Media won’t be less stupid/insensitive by that change either. If anything your outrage should be pointed at Twitter and media heads. Not CDC and where our threads are placed. 

CDC is a fan forum. We should support our team and the players. No one else will.

I think you agree with me so let's just leave it at that partner.