The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

There seems to be confusion about the NCAA playoff format. I posted this a few pages back but I'll post it again:

They're in the final four of their conference (NCHC). If they win that, then they'll automatically move on to the NCAA Men's Ice Hockey Championships. The NCAA Championships consist of 16 teams (the 6 conference winners and 10 other teams chosen by an NCAA selection committee) which will be announced on March 19. So even if UND doesn't win their conference next weekend, they can still be selected to the NCAA Championships.

The 16 teams will be divided into 4 separate brackets (referred to as Regionals) consisting of 4 teams each. Regionals are held at 4 seperate locations and are all on the same weekend (March 24-26). Regionals have semi-finals and finals and that's it. The winners of the 4 Regionals move on to the Frozen Four. From the beginning of the NCAA Championships it's all single elimination meaning 4 total wins (semi & final of your Regional then semi & final of the Frozen Four) gets you crowned National Champions. The Frozen Four is held April 6-8 in Chicago this year.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Boeser didn't end up on the score sheet but he had 4 shots and was 8-2 in the faceoff dot.

Interesting that they've been using him on draws from time to time. Wonder if they'll try him out at center in the AHL.

Man wouldn't that be perfect.  I won't hold my breath but it's a nice thought.

3 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

in the NHL he's not going to play as a centre, no way. he's a winger. 

now with that being said, i wouldn't rule it out, especially if Willie is back as coach. anything goes with that man :P:lol:

Bucci Mane‏Verified account @Buccigross  1h1 hour ago

Red hot North Dakota plays strong Minnesota Duluth in NCHC final. Both are in NCAA field. This should be a great game.

The NCHC‏Verified account @TheNCHC  13h13 hours ago

Saturday's #FrozenFaceoff slate:

Third-Place: @WMUHockey vs. @DU_Hockey, 3:30pm CT

Championship: @UNDmhockey vs. @UMDMensHockey, 7:30pm CT

Championship trophy, It's a beauty!

C7Oxk8FXkAE8def.jpg

Edited by Mackcanuck
  • Upvote 2

12 hours ago, ilduce39 said:

That would be a whole new kind of awesome, providing of course he's good with the added responsibility.

Playing center is really hard, huge difference than playing wing, it's going from the easyest position in hockey to the most difficu1`watch their wingers and D work overtime as they nonchalantly hover around the top of the slot, pretending to cover it but really hoping for a cherry pick, I wouls rather he stay at wing then be one of those.

I always said the real failure of the west-coast express era (Aside from the lame name, who came up with that? The Nome under the Dome?) was the weakness at center ice, Linden wasn't top 6 anymore, Henrik wasn't ready for top 6 and Morrison was really a #2, As Bowman says: "when assessing a team the first thing I check is their top two centers"

It's no wonder our two most successful playoff teams had "Linden/Ronning" "Sedin/Kesler" the only two times in history we've had our top two centers together we've gone all the way to game 7

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

That would be a whole new kind of awesome, providing of course he's good with the added responsibility.

Playing center is really hard, huge difference than playing wing, it's going from the easyest position in hockey to the most difficu1`watch their wingers and D work overtime as they nonchalantly hover around the top of the slot, pretending to cover it but really hoping for a cherry pick, I wouls rather he stay at wing then be one of those.

I always said the real failure of the west-coast express era (Aside from the lame name, who came up with that? The Nome under the Dome?) was the weakness at center ice, Linden wasn't top 6 anymore, Henrik wasn't ready for top 6 and Morrison was really a #2, As Bowman says: "when assessing a team the first thing I check is their top two centers"

It's no wonder our two most successful playoff teams had "Linden/Ronning" "Sedin/Kesler" the only two times in history we've had our top two centers together we've gone all the way to game 7

if that's the case, then Benning needs to learn from our history, and continue to stack centres, so that we can get the best centreman for the team moving forward. We've got 1 out of 2 in Horvat. Who's the other centreman we need? It's not Sutter I can tell you that :lol:

3 hours ago, terrible.dee said:

Interestingly Linden was drafted as a right winger and was converted to center because of big centers in the division like Messier and Otto.