The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

49 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

Some thoughts: 
The loss of Stecher seems to have hurt the team a lot. Even though Poolman is piling up more points than Stecher did. 
Last year they had a brilliant top line, this year Jost and Boeser seem to have played on seperate lines. Boeser didn't have the same quality team mates to play with. The Caggiula Schmaltz Boeser line was hard to contain due to the talent all over the ice, whereas now teams can just concentrate on Boeser. 

Agree 100%. Stecher was the motor, and Boeser the finish. Those 2 had some mad chemistry.

49 minutes ago, Brobidus said:

I think we should let him play and show us what he can do next year before saying anything. Kyle Connor was a huge disappointment at the start of the season. There's a chance that Boeser will need some time to adjust. I'm wondering where he fits in. Probably not beside the Sedin's. I'm not too keen on having him near Sutter without some kind of playmaker on the left wing. That leaves him with Horvat. Let's see :D

He needs some AHL time. Skating needs work. Hasn't established the habit of moving his feet. The shots are there, but we all know that. In the next level he needs to be able to get enough separation to get that big shot off. Watching him play right now, I don't know if he can. Well, we'll see. I hope we can see him in Utica once NCAA season ends.

8 hours ago, ajhockey said:

My brother-in-law (an Oilers fan) laughs at the idea of the Boeser hype of Canuck fans, claiming that he's regressed. His statistics clearly show that, but I found that N. Dakota is a much worse team this year. Was Boeser benefiting greatly from his old teammates or was he the reason they performed so well last year? Is Boeser still playing well or has there actually been a noticeable drop off?

Just ask him how Griffin Reinhart is doing?

Islanders seem pretty happy with Barzal and Beauvillier

Edited by Derp...
  • Upvote 3

9 hours ago, ajhockey said:

My brother-in-law (an Oilers fan) laughs at the idea of the Boeser hype of Canuck fans, claiming that he's regressed. His statistics clearly show that, but I found that N. Dakota is a much worse team this year. Was Boeser benefiting greatly from his old teammates or was he the reason they performed so well last year? Is Boeser still playing well or has there actually been a noticeable drop off?

Weaker team. Can't forget he was also playing through a wrist injury before having surgery, and wouldn't quite be the same right away when he returned.

25 minutes ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

Go be sad somewhere else....Boeser is and will be all that.....

...just watch

I'm not saying he won't. I hope he pans out, too.

I'm saying, from what I've watched, not that soon.

18 minutes ago, Byrix said:

I've said the same thing before about Brock. Although he's a fantastic player he definitely could use some more development time in the A. 

Mostly it's his proactiveness in his own zone that he needs time to work on. Specifically needs to work on Having an active stick, positioning and his timing in closing down gaps. 

None of this is a knock on Brock or the his inevitable success but they are some of his deficiencies nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Byrix said:

He definitely has a ton to work on I dont think there is any doubt about that. That said he will probably get better with another year with ND and then 2 or 3 in Utica learning the systems under Green. As long as he is not rushed I think he will turn out just fine for the nucks.

16 minutes ago, Setyoureyesontheprize said:

But to say 3-4 years.. then you have no clue what you're talking about. 

Yeah! 3~4 years is like Boucher timeline... ::D::D

If he doesn't make it in a year, people would be using the word bust on him.

9 hours ago, VanIslander89 said:

Funny, I had the exact same situation tonight at a family dinner, except he's a Leafs fan, and it was jabs at Virtanen and Olli as well.

The league knows who Brock Boeser is now, and for good reason. Sophomore slups happen to elite players in the show as well, teams start to keen in on your ways, your style, your habits. This is exactly what's happened. You'll notice half the opposing team trying to always get in Brock's shooting lane, they all know he's gonna pick corners with ease.

Its up to us to surround Brock with players that then use that as opportunity to capitalize on players that are focused on that elite goal scorer. 

Losing key players, like you mentioned, hasn't helped matters either.

I'm still thrilled with this season for Brock!

Nope, Leafs fans are not allowed to jab at anyone else until their team proves that they are legit. And he's not even smart, if he had a hint of knowledge about those two he wouldn't be saying those things.

11 hours ago, ajhockey said:

I laugh at the idea that he's an Oilers fan.

11 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

Are people forgetting that he had wrist surgery? Maybe that's why he's been struggling this season?

Seriously. Everyone is acting like this year has been a huge let down. He's been a point per game player and scoring goals in the old Brock fashion. He had a slow period when he returned from his surgery but other than that he has been great.

People also forget that last year was a very special year and extremely hard to emulate a second straight year. It is great to know Brock is he kind of player that benefits from having food line mates but the fact he can still produce without the supporting cast is even more reasssuring in my opinion. 

• Upvote 3

There are 2 main reasons why Boeser will get NHL games this year if NDU is knocked out of the tournament early. First is the benefit of playing NHL games with no expectations. He will get to see the pace and physical element and have a real idea of what he needs to work on in the offseason to come into camp and make the team next year.

The second is ticket sales. Aquaman and management are going to want to sell tickets and try to get some revenue that was missing from another down year. Rightly or wrongly that's an element to the business of the team and we saw last season when Tryamkin got a big cheer for 13 second shift, people are going to pay to get a look at this kid even if it's for a few games.

Personally I'd rather see him sign a PTO and play some meaningful games in Utica, but I think it's the perfect storm for a Vancouver tryout. 

3 minutes ago, canuckledraggin said:

There are 2 main reasons why Boeser will get NHL games this year if NDU is knocked out of the tournament early. First is the benefit of playing NHL games with no expectations. He will get to see the pace and physical element and have a real idea of what he needs to work on in the offseason to come into camp and make the team next year.

The second is ticket sales. Aquaman and management are going to want to sell tickets and try to get some revenue that was missing from another down year. Rightly or wrongly that's an element to the business of the team and we saw last season when Tryamkin got a big cheer for 13 second shift, people are going to pay to get a look at this kid even if it's for a few games.

Personally I'd rather see him sign a PTO and play some meaningful games in Utica, but I think it's the perfect storm for a Vancouver tryout. 

I'd prefer that too, but it's almost certain that BB insists on the Canucks so he can burn a year on his ELC.

Utica could really use him though