The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

53 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Very interesting. I'd rather see how this year goes for him first, but I wouldn't be crushed to see him re-signed. The floor for him is $6.5M at this point I think unless he signs some sort of weird bridge-ish deal for like 4 years or something instead of a 6-8 year contract.

That said, these are just preliminary discussions, which is to be expected. It doesn't mean he'll be signed before the season. We may yet have to wait until the end of the year still.

6 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Man...this kid is a class act. It is pretty cool that three of the boys, Del Zotto Tanev & Stetcher, went to the hospital and stayed there the whole time with him. That does show they are a tight knit group. 

Cool that he wants to be faster then next year. Already skates well. I can't wait to see how he does next year. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Lol.  There is no way Boeser would be looking for anything like Bo’s deal.  

He will be easily getting 6+ 

If he wait until next offseason, and puts up numbers like last year or better, he is getting 7+

Maybe.

You gotta remember that his mom worked two jobs so he could play hockey and his dad has some health issues. If Boeser were to get a majorly serious injury this year before he signed an extension who knows what would happen.

I bet Boeser does sign a mid length deal with a Horvat like cap. It ensures he and his family are set for life and he can continue to prove himself over the 4 year contract. He would then sign a huge contract at that point.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

1st goal

2nd goal

3rd goal 

Things were really  Flowing in DaBeautyLeague today. 

Already in midseason form. Boeser doesn't see the bottom half of the net.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

Very interesting. I'd rather see how this year goes for him first, but I wouldn't be crushed to see him re-signed. The floor for him is $6.5M at this point I think unless he signs some sort of weird bridge-ish deal for like 4 years or something instead of a 6-8 year contract.

That said, these are just preliminary discussions, which is to be expected. It doesn't mean he'll be signed before the season. We may yet have to wait until the end of the year still.

To be honest, I didn't even read the article. It would be better if he signed now (for JB), we could probably get him cheaper. He's going to have a monster season next year, especially if EP plays. In addition if Hughes is chooses NHL, our PP is going to look way better, more opportunities for Boeser.

Edited by J-23
  • Like 1

Watching that Boeser vid, I didn't realize the injury was so severe.i wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't feel my legs. 

Also awesome that Tanev, Del zotto and Stech came to keep him company. Classy guys. Ppl talk about MDZ as expendable but he is one of the leaders on the team

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Nice hat trick.   Was curious, if Brock Boeser gets a hat trick and Matt Murray is not there to see it, is it still lucky?

I'd say yes, I mean Matt Murray didn't see any of those original goals, he just dug them out of the back of the net.

• Cheers 1