The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

15 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

I do what I can. I am still pretty new-ish to the world of advanced stats but it's pretty interesting to dive into. I am working on my resumé to get hired by Toronto or Arizona.

Apparently CanucksmArmy is hiring writers, so there's your springboard.  Just make sure you are good at making bold predictions based on statsheets, and equally good at retracting them only a year or so later, admitting you were wrong but that the 'model' is still infallible, and you'll fit right in.

• Cheers 1

Comparison can be drawn to tarasenko(7.5m), pastrnak (6.67m) and gaudreau (6.75m) if you factor in small sample size of production and importance to the team before cashing in

draisaitl at 8.5m kinda messes everything up though <_<

But regardless between 6.8m-7.5m on a 8 year deal. Book it. Don’t care about the $$ just get it done. 

Sending out a couple feelers is good business for both sides BUT I’d like to see him prove he can do it again before backing up the dump truck full of money onto his driveway. Wait till next summer, no point in rushing it....unless you can get him under 6.5m then all bets are off :lol:

6 hours ago, billabong said:

Comparison can be drawn to tarasenko(7.5m), pastrnak (6.67m) and gaudreau (6.75m) if you factor in small sample size of production and importance to the team before cashing in

draisaitl at 8.5m kinda messes everything up though <_<

But regardless between 6.8m-7.5m on a 8 year deal. Book it. Don’t care about the $$ just get it done. 

Sending out a couple feelers is good business for both sides BUT I’d like to see him prove he can do it again before backing up the dump truck full of money onto his driveway. Wait till next summer, no point in rushing it....unless you can get him under 6.5m then all bets are off :lol:

The argument could be made Draisaitl is a center, but yeah that deal kinda hurts the market. Pastrnak dollars would be ideal. 8x7mil. Or literally the same as Pastrnak.

7 hours ago, billabong said:

I'd be very happy with that.  I think we are better off signing him for a long term deal with a limited sample size than we would a short contract for a bit less money.  This guy is absolute GOLD, and he's managed to put up the points he has not only in his rookie year but also without any particularly good linemates.  Put him on a top line in the league in his prime, and he's easily a point a game producer.