The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, -AJ- said:

I'd guess that bulking up with more weight has more to do with it.

38 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

I would say recovering from a severe back injury has more to do with it than anything... 

Probably a bit of both.

Hope he can find his game soon though as the Canucks really need the Boesser that he was last year.

Even if Brock has a bad entire season it's really not the end of the world.

Look at the season Toews just had...

Besides players go through sophomore slumps all the time.  This will also bring his value down and chances are he will sign a bridge deal instead of get locked up long term.

Dont get me wrong, I hope he turns it around tomorrow, but these knee jerk reactions are laughable.

Go Brock Go

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

RE BB's weight gain. The guy must have been told to do it by management and surely they realised the risks involved. ie loss of pace, centre of gravity etc. He's probably a little tentative and getting used to his new frame. He didn't exactly have a solid pre-season of fitness right? Sure he's just behind by a few games before he gets up to speed

He's smart and hard working and will figure it out. It may take awhile though. He looks stiff from the back injury, sophomore year, he misses the twins on the PP, he misses the twins taking on the hard minutes. Anyone saying he doesnt care is just being stupid. The kid cares and it's probably eating him up that he hasn't produced. I hope the fan base gives him time to get going. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

he was shaking out his wrist on the bench. i think it is hindering a lot more than we know.

Botchford said it's a preventative wrap in the newly dubbed "Athletties" 

Boeser's struggles seem more about timing/playing slightly timid. Which for anyone coming back from their first major injury is fairly reasonable. If he still looks like this by game 20 we may have an issue

Edited by WonderTwinPowers
  • Upvote 1

Coming off back and wrist injuries, short summer and potential sophomore slump.

Meh...not worried. It's not like he forgot how to play hockey, it just might take some time. In the mean time, enjoy some EP40 and await the 'real' Boeser's return.

Bunch of panicky Paulina's :rolleyes:

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

Can it be that Boeser is not as good as everyone thought he was; that he's not the 40-goal scorer everyone seems to project him to be? His shooting percentage was unsustainably high last year, and his speed is below average. Aside from very special cases (e.g. Ovechkin), a lack of speed in this league almost always prevents one from being an elite goal scorer.

4 minutes ago, dougieL said:

Can it be that Boeser is not as good as everyone thought he was; that he's not the 40-goal scorer everyone seems to project him to be? His shooting percentage was unsustainably high last year, and his speed is below average. Aside from very special cases (e.g. Ovechkin), a lack of speed in this league almost always prevents one from being an elite goal scorer.

It's an interesting thought, and I imagine will not bode well with some of the "homers" here. I love Boeser, very exciting player with an amazing shot. We haven't seen it yet this year, but it will come. Boeser came into the league fairly quiet. Not many knew who he was. He had a lot of time and space last year, to set up, pick his spots and fire lasers. Goalies had no "book" on him, didn't know his moves and tendencies. He was very successful. Then he went to the All-Star game and dominated, winning his event, the game and MVP. Suddenly, everyone knew who Brock Boeser was. Now this year, he is being covered very closely, not being given any time and space to set up and shoot, make plays. He needs to figure that out, how to get his shot off the moment it hits his stick, how to create time and space for himself. Elias Pettersson does this amazingly well.