The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 10/12/2018 at 2:39 PM, ruilin96 said:

Respect for Vasilevskiy for recognizing and praise of scorer who beat him. Matt Murray could take some notes from him.

Image may contain: text

Quality copypasta. You gave the Canucks subreddit a good laugh, though.

• Upvote 3

On 10/14/2018 at 12:11 PM, -AJ- said:

Just noticed that Boeser has a point in each of his last three games and seems to have woken up. If Pettersson is out at all for an amount of games, now would be a great time for him to start scoring goals in lieu of Pettersson.

I noticed he been playing so much better with EP out ( Brock was invisible when EP was in the lineup ) ...its weird how this is working, but its good...now once EP gets back, hopefully brock will continue...cross fingers

Edited by Dave "The Hammer" Schultz

18 minutes ago, Dave "The Hammer" Schultz said:

I noticed he been playing so much better with EP out ( Brock was invisible when EP was in the lineup ) ...its weird how this is working, but its good...now once EP gets back, hopefully brock will continue...cross fingers

Goldy EP Brock

It was meant to be.

7 minutes ago, nzan said:

Right, so we saw Baertschi Gaudette Virtanen last game, could that be a precursor to:

Baertschi Pettersson Virtanen

I like that line.

As much as I hate Eriksson I think green trusts him more. I can see him rolling either of those 2 lines. Jake has played well for the most part. He deserves the promotion. 

I don't even know why Eriksson leaves our zone to be honest. It's not like he's any help on offence. He should just hang out at center ice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 73 Percent said:

As much as I hate Eriksson I think green trusts him more. I can see him rolling either of those 2 lines. Jake has played well for the most part. He deserves the promotion. 

I don't even know why Eriksson leaves our zone to be honest. It's not like he's any help on offence. He should just hang out at center ice. 

Hmmm sort of like a reverse cherry picker, do we call that a banana planter?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Boeser just hasn't looked the same as last year. He's not a great skater, looks a bit slow and awkward at times, hasn't been making elite passes and can't seem to get anything on his shot. Some blame the injury, but I think it's just Boeser struggling in his 2nd year. Opponents are fully aware of him and he doesn't have the time and space to show off his shot. I was imagining him scoring 40-50 goals this year. lol. I think we need to temper expectations with Brock. He'll be a good player, but he's no Bure.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

Boeser just hasn't looked the same as last year. He's not a great skater, looks a bit slow and awkward at times, hasn't been making elite passes and can't seem to get anything on his shot. Some blame the injury, but I think it's just Boeser struggling in his 2nd year. Opponents are fully aware of him and he doesn't have the time and space to show off his shot. I was imagining him scoring 40-50 goals this year. lol. I think we need to temper expectations with Brock. He'll be a good player, but he's no Bure.

We should be getting a discount this year signing Boeser for a new contract. We may have lucked out unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs. 

1 minute ago, Maddogy said:

We should be getting a discount this year signing Boeser for a new contract. We may have lucked out unlike the Toronto Maple Leafs. 

This is why...

im-not-even-mad.jpg

We weren't winning the cup this year. If he has an 'off' year and only scores something like 20-30-50 and signs a cheaper 2-5 year deal...

giphy.gif

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

This is why...

im-not-even-mad.jpg

We weren't winning the cup this year. If he has an 'off' year and only scores something like 20-30-50 and signs a cheaper 2-5 year deal...

giphy.gif

It's the other side to the contract concerns people had. A lot of people were worried Boeser would score 40+ and command $8M+ on his next deal, so wanted him signed before this year. On the other hand, if he scores 50 points over a full season, it would probably lower his deal a fair bit.

Either way, it's not an issue now, as he's had points in six of his last 7 games.

• Cheers 1

9 games in, he does have 6 points, but only two goals, but I don't think he's looked anywhere near as dangerous as last year.  Another 9 games with the same production and play, we might be able to officially call the Sophomore Slump.

However, I remember growing up, idolizing another fantastic Canuck rookie who had major struggles in his second year, Trevor Linden, and I think his career turned out all right :) 

7 minutes ago, Dungass said:

9 games in, he does have 6 points, but only two goals, but I don't think he's looked anywhere near as dangerous as last year.  Another 9 games with the same production and play, we might be able to officially call the Sophomore Slump.

However, I remember growing up, idolizing another fantastic Canuck rookie who had major struggles in his second year, Trevor Linden, and I think his career turned out all right :) 

His shooting percentage last season was 16.2%.  It's down to 9.5% early into this season.