The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When a groin issue carries on this long, I start to worry it’s more than just the groin.  Isn’t there an associated injury that includes the abdominal region, that requires surgery?  I think Sutter might have had that, or was it Kessler?  It’s not a problem, because the athlete comes out way better afterward.  

I need to find my scotch.  Mrs. Alf hid the bottle.  

It's under the kitty.  

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Alflives said:

When a groin issue carries on this long, I start to worry it’s more than just the groin.  Isn’t there an associated injury that includes the abdominal region, that requires surgery?  I think Sutter might have had that, or was it Kessler?  It’s not a problem, because the athlete comes out way better afterward.  

I need to find my scotch.  Mrs. Alf hid the bottle.  

You're thinking of a sports hernia, Alf.

Requires surgery.

I guess it's possible, he did put on a lot of bulk and maybe gave himself a hernia in the process... But groin strains and pulls are fickle injuries. 

Sucks that he's having to deal with this though, whatever it is. Totally sucks.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

You're thinking of a sports hernia, Alf.

Requires surgery.

I guess it's possible, he did put on a lot of bulk and maybe gave himself a hernia in the process... But groin strains and pulls are fickle injuries. 

Sucks that he's having to deal with this though, whatever it is. Totally sucks.

Doesn’t a hernia sometimes feel like a groin strain and, as a result, is sometimes misdiagnosed as one?

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Sean Monahan said:

Doesn’t a hernia sometimes feel like a groin strain and, as a result, is sometimes misdiagnosed as one?

As far as I've been told, and have experienced for myself - yes. I strained my groin and my doc checked for a hernia right away.

I'm sure Dr. Nux has been diligent in that regard.

• Cheers 1

On 11/19/2018 at 7:06 AM, Dungass said:

Brock is going to skate tomorrow.  Hope they're not rushing this because of the losing skid.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/hockey/news/canucks-brock-boeser-will-skate-monday/

Christmas came early then.

Getting back on the ice is a positive indicator of him returning or in general an indicator of a player that should return soon.

9 hours ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

Rick Dhaliwhal on radio also mentioned friday that Dec 1 is timeline for Jay Beagle to return.  Reinforcements are on their way

Yay!

I hadn't heard mention of this for ages.  Thanks.  Main reason I came to the forums for the first time in weeks.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Brock's hat trick moves him up a bunch in the all-time Canuck scoring list.  Not passing any comparables here.

102.  Michel Petit D 226 24 57 81
103.  Brock Boeser RW 90 42 35 77
104.  Peter Schaefer LW 194 37 40 77
105.  Jiri Slegr D 154 12 65 77
106.  Ted Taylor LW 191 35 40 75
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

Brock's hat trick moves him up a bunch in the all-time Canuck scoring list.  Not passing any comparables here.

102.  Michel Petit D 226 24 57 81
103.  Brock Boeser RW 90 42 35 77
104.  Peter Schaefer LW 194 37 40 77
105.  Jiri Slegr D 154 12 65 77
106.  Ted Taylor LW 191 35 40 75

Just passed Peter (i will drive him to the airport myself) Schaefer, lol Burke cracked me up!!