The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

A different BB giving Klatt taxi fare on his way down to 80th in all-time Canuck scoring.

78.  Mike Walton C 115 44 69 113
79.  Brock Boeser RW 131 56 55 111
80.  Trent Klatt RW 313 51 60 111
81.  Russ Courtnall RW 141 39 72 111

6 hours ago, -AJ- said:

I think at this point, we have to call off the sophomore slump. He's equal his games from last year and is only 2 points back. He's on fire right now.

I disagree. This is the sophomore slump for Brock. Wait till next year!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

47 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

I disagree. This is the sophomore slump for Brock. Wait till next year!

Man if we find the perfect winger for Petey and Brock watch out.

• Like 1

Brock's goal assisted by someone I can't quite remember :ph34r: moves him into 77th in all-time Canuck scoring.

76.  Jiri Bubla D 256 17 101 118
77.  Brock Boeser RW 136 59 55 114
78.  Paul Reinhart D 131 24 90 114
  • Like 1

Great finish to the year for Brock.  He's emerged as a multi-dimensional player who defends, wins puck battles along the boards, and distributes the puck, and not just as a designated shooter.  While the puck is supposed to go through Petey on that line, as often as not it is going through Brock, and his vision is nearly as good.  This guy is a seriously good all-round player with plenty of unrealized ceiling.  7 x7 would be good value for where he's going. 

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

I especially like the last comment.  It worked wonders for Bo and I do see Boeser's skating as his weakest attribute.  If that guy can get past defenders better for an open shot at the net, he is so accurate that he will absolutely rip it up.

As far as value is concerned, I can't help but compare him to Horvat's contract.  Bo brings a better 2 way game, leadership, and a heavier game though Boeser obviously has a higher ceiling and is the better offensive player and will clearly get more.

I would like to see the longest deal possible.  To lock him up so long we would probably have to overpay his current production but it would be worth it overall.

I would love to see 6 or 6.5 but for that long a term I think even 7 or 7.5 would eventually prove to be a good deal for all.  I really don't have any concerns about him improving; he is a good guy and has the drive to do his best.  You can just see that in him.

I also think though if he is willing to leave a little bit on the table like Horvat probably did then it continues a precident of our top players taking a bit less - and that might come into play when it is time to sign Petey. A million here, a half million there... it all adds up.

Edited by kloubek
  • Cheers 1