The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 4/9/2019 at 4:09 PM, kloubek said:

I especially like the last comment.  It worked wonders for Bo and I do see Boeser's skating as his weakest attribute.  If that guy can get past defenders better for an open shot at the net, he is so accurate that he will absolutely rip it up.

As far as value is concerned, I can't help but compare him to Horvat's contract.  Bo brings a better 2 way game, leadership, and a heavier game though Boeser obviously has a higher ceiling and is the better offensive player and will clearly get more.

I would like to see the longest deal possible.  To lock him up so long we would probably have to overpay his current production but it would be worth it overall.

I would love to see 6 or 6.5 but for that long a term I think even 7 or 7.5 would eventually prove to be a good deal for all.  I really don't have any concerns about him improving; he is a good guy and has the drive to do his best.  You can just see that in him.

I also think though if he is willing to leave a little bit on the table like Horvat probably did then it continues a precident of our top players taking a bit less - and that might come into play when it is time to sign Petey. A million here, a half million there... it all adds up.

it does make difference when you need a couple million to sign quality pieces through free agency.. I'm kinda glad we don't have a McDavid to be honest - handcuffs a team a bit.. what happens if he breaks a leg... EDM would be even more screwed than normal

I don't know.. elite superstars are obviously great to have, but would you rather have a team of good quality 5 - 7 mill guys and not be so top heavy? 

• Upvote 1

The guys one of the best goal scorers in the league and still had a good season barely being able to skate for half of it. I can easily see him putting up 40+ goals next season and be ppg, especially with Hughes on the team now and another free agent signing. I just can’t see him making less than 7 long term when you look at other contracts around the league. 

• Upvote 1

I wouldn't mind a short-term 3-year bridge deal through after Luongo's contract expires due to a potential recapture penalty then sign him a long term.  We'll need all the cap room we could and depending on what Boeser wants for the amount of dollars is up to him for less than 6 million but not over due to unpredictable future regarding Luongo retirement plans.  

8 hours ago, Elias_Pettersson said:

The guys one of the best goal scorers in the league and still had a good season barely being able to skate for half of it. I can easily see him putting up 40+ goals next season and be ppg, especially with Hughes on the team now and another free agent signing. I just can’t see him making less than 7 long term when you look at other contracts around the league. 

Boeser was 69th in scoring this year. So NO...he is not one of the best goal scorers in the league....YET.

Hopefully he does become one though.

23 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Boeser was 69th in scoring this year. So NO...he is not one of the best goal scorers in the league....YET.

He was injured for 10 games as well. He ended the season really strong I felt. If Brock can get half a step quicker he will be even more effective.

• Upvote 2

On 4/11/2019 at 7:10 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

He couldn't train last summer, had more injury issues this year, and it was his sophomore slump year. But last year, in his rookie season, he was 21st in the NHL in goals/60. And being healthy enough for a full summer of training, a reasonable person would expect him to do as well or better next year. So yes, he is one of the best goal scorers in the league.

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, WeneedLumme said:

He couldn't train last summer, had more injury issues this year, and it was his sophomore slump year. But last year, in his rookie season, he was 21st in the NHL in goals/60. And being healthy enough for a full summer of training, a reasonable person would expect him to do as well or better next year. So yes, he is one of the best goal scorers in the league.

Not yet. But he may be at some point.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

10 hours ago, suitup said:

That was obviously sarcasm as evidenced by "DRAFT PICK CONTROVERSY!" at the end. 

Smarten up bud. 

Sorry, If you think that is "evident" sarcasm...

Why are most posters on this site so quick to get snappy. Quit getting so butt hurt.

20 hours ago, HomeBrew said:

I hope his wrist is healed enough by next season that he can take slap shots again comfortably. His power play prowess declined considerably this year because of it.

Absolutely. With Petey, a healthy Brock, and Quinn (what's his nickname, Baby Hughey? Lol) our powerplay could be deadly next year. It will be so nice to see Brock playing with no wrist bandage, setting up in his/Ovi's spot, wiring slap shots past humiliated goalies again. And not having to read crap like "...he is not one of the best goal scorers in the league..." any more.

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Absolutely. With Petey, a healthy Brock, and Quinn (what's his nickname, Baby Hughey? Lol) our powerplay could be deadly next year. It will be so nice to see Brock playing with no wrist bandage, setting up in his/Ovi's spot, wiring slap shots past humiliated goalies again. And not having to read crap like "...he is not one of the best goal scorers in the league..." any more.

1st Powerplay will be deadly. 2nd Powerplay however...