The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

1 hour ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

1st Powerplay will be deadly. 2nd Powerplay however... 

2nd power play doesn't much matter if you score with the 1st unit. Which I expect will happen a lot. So who cares about the second unit with their 20 seconds per game?

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

The highest rated/percentage power play in NHL history was 31.88%  in 1977-78, Les Canadiens.

So yah I'll care about the other 70% of the time.

https://www.si.com/nhl/2013/03/07/top-10-nhl-power-plays

Not sure what your point is. So when the power play is dominating the league, connecting on 30 percent of their chances, you are going to be whining about the 70 percent when they don't score? Your choice, knock yourself out.

10 minutes ago, WeneedLumme said:

Not sure what your point is. So when the power play is dominating the league, connecting on 30 percent of their chances, you are going to be whining about the 70 percent when they don't score? Your choice, knock yourself out.

Who said anything about whining? I said I'll care about the second power play. Because I'd like them to score when the first unit doesn't.

But you keep being you, you do it so well.

Having fun finding old school comparables for the new nux core. Did Petey as Jean Ratelle in the Petey thread.

So for Brock I've heard Bossy and Kurri. But those aren't right. It's Frank Mahovalich.  

6 foot 1 and 205 lbs. Played wing (frank was left boeser is right). 18 years with Leafs Red Wings and Canadiens. 1181 games 1103 points. Skated like a boeser.  Bigger guy. Good shot but also smart on both sides of the puck like Brock. An under appreciated play maker. Great great teammate.

1 hour ago, fanfor42 said:

Having fun finding old school comparables for the new nux core. Did Petey as Jean Ratelle in the Petey thread.

So for Brock I've heard Bossy and Kurri. But those aren't right. It's Frank Mahovalich.  

6 foot 1 and 205 lbs. Played wing (frank was left boeser is right). 18 years with Leafs Red Wings and Canadiens. 1181 games 1103 points. Skated like a boeser.  Bigger guy. Good shot but also smart on both sides of the puck like Brock. An under appreciated play maker. Great great teammate.

Mahovlich almost became the third player to score 50 in a season. What a treat it would be if Boeser could reach those heights.

14 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

A 2nd PP doesn’t need stars on it. The way I see it, we’ll have great players on it regardless. 

Gaudette

Leivo

PEarson

Baertschi

Edler 

Virtanen

stecher 

hutton

idk I dont see these guys who are all 40-50 point players (Gaudette has a 70 pt potential apparently according to Ferraro), just suddenly not know how to score with the man advantage. They’re already all competent enough 5v5. Virtanen is the only one that’s not an established winger out of all those 3. 

Leivo Horvat Petey

Boeser Hughes 

Pearson Gaudette Baertschi

Virtanen/ Stecher Edler

looks great to me. If you dont like Virtanen, just put Stecher, he’s more than competent enough 

2 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Gaudette

Leivo

PEarson

Baertschi

Edler 

Virtanen

stecher 

hutton

idk I dont see these guys who are all 40-50 point players

Huh? 40 to 50 point players???? Come on...

Gaudette   12

Leivo     18

PEarson   12p in 19g for Canucks...could be a 40 pointer 

Baertschi  broken

Edler  34

Virtanen  25  

stecher   23

hutton   20

You Sir win the GOLDEN HYPERBOLE of the Week Award!!!  Congratations lol.

19 hours ago, Top Sven Baercheese said:

The second may be decent if the first dominates.  

We have Baer, Gaudette, Motte, Virtannen, Pearson, LevioHuttun, Stecher and maybe OJ. Or Woo.  

These guys wont be out against other teams top PKers.  They are young and can skate.  We get one creative player in that mix outside of Barr and it could be productive.  

Not a top rated one, but it will score some goals if the other becomes a killer.  

Ep40 could double shift, Bo can play all game long and Hughes will end up being a 30 minute a night guy in  his career ala Scotty Niedemeyer.  

Just looking at Hughes zone exit and entry numbers as compared to his veteran team mates in his limited time.  WOW.  

This is the most important stat and IDK why I haven't focused on it enough sooner.  

We pair Hughes up 5 v 5 with a dominant face off guy, Bo and we have the 2011 team model again in theory.  

These two could set up so many o zone faceoffs and and tilting our puck possession and the ice in so many ways.  

Think of the number of shots a line of EP40, Brock and one of Baer, Pearson, Virtannen and possibly or 1sr pick this year could generate.  How many plays could EP40 have.  

Brock took worlds off to train and get fully recovered from his bad rookie year injury.  He will.be lining up for shot after shot next year.   I feel sorry for the goalies.  

7 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Gaudette   12

Leivo     18

Baertschi  broken

Edler  34

Virtanen  25  

stecher   23

hutton   20

My 40-50 point was about the wingers. It is undeniable they all have 40 point potential, even Virtanen who I omitted in that list seeing as how most people count him out. Edler is a 40 point dman and baertschi is a 45 point man. 

I also mentionned Gaudette was touted by one of the best hockey minds as a future 70 pt center.

pearson scored 40 twice

leivo was on pace for 41 with us

and baertschi has had his last 3 seasons at over 40 point paces 

Edler also had 34 in 56 meaning a 50 point pace 

great to know the nitpickers are there to police cdc! 

Edited by HorvatToBaertschi
  • Wat 1
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

My 40-50 point was about the wingers. It is undeniable they all have 40 point potential, even Virtanen who I omitted in that list seeing as how most people count him out. Edler is a 40 point dman and baertschi is a 45 point man. 

I also mentionned Gaudette was touted by one of the best hockey minds as a future 70 pt center.

pearson scored 40 twice

leivo was on pace for 41 with us

and baertschi has had his last 3 seasons at over 40 point paces 

Edler also had 34 in 56 meaning a 50 point pace 

great to know the nitpickers are there to police cdc! 

Yeah. Ok. You said they are 40-50 point players. Their average THIS year was around 18. So yeah...if every single one played the whole year that would go up to 23.  NOT 40-50 HAHA.  Come on.

I mean...I like Gaudette as hopefully a useful 3rd line centre. Hopefully he has a bit of upside on that. But now he is "ONE OF THE BEST HOCKEY MINDS AS A FUTURE 70 PT CENTER"?  Even if some idiot like ferraro said it...well that source should tell you everything.

Hahaha...good god that is bad evaluation.

GAUDETTE HAD 12 POINTS THIS YEAR!!  If he gets 35 in his prime most would be happy. Your valuation is so far off....well...Nevermind.  :picard:

Nitpicker - yeah that is what I am. You say they are 40-50 pt players..but they averaged 18. That is nitpicking lol.

Edited by Kanukfanatic

6 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah. Ok. You said they are 40-50 point players. Their average THIS year was around 18. So yeah...if every single one played the whole year that would go up to 23.  NOT 40-50 HAHA.  Come on.

I mean...I like Gaudette as hopefully a useful 3rd line centre. Hopefully he has a bit of upside on that. But now he is "ONE OF THE BEST HOCKEY MINDS AS A FUTURE 70 PT CENTER"?  Even if some idiot like ferraro said it...well that source should tell you everything.

GAUDETTE HAD 12 POINTS THIS YEAR!!  If he gets 35 in his prime most would be happy. Your valuation is so far off....well...Nevermind.  :picard:

Nitpicker - yeah that is what I am. You say they are 40-50 pt players..but they averaged 18. That is nitpicking lol.

Well that "idiot" has played over a 1000 games in the NHL, scored probably more points than most Canucks have in their careers. How about you Kanukfanatic? What makes you so credible. oh thats right. NOTHING

Stop acting like you're smarter than everyone else because you an inbred moron

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

19 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Gaudette   12

Leivo     18

Baertschi  broken

Edler  34

Virtanen  25  

stecher   23

hutton   20

Yup and you win the "nobody cares what you think" award. Lets hear the speech! Im sure your grade 1 hooked on phonics can be put to good use

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Gaudette is a 22 year old hobey baker winning rookie, who has done really well in utica and is being placed in a shutdown role primarily with terrible winger options. Ferraro is one of the brightest hockey minds, and is surrounded by idiots. His projections are usually the most accurate when comparing hockey minds' projections. Did i say he would be a 70 point center? NO. Does Ferraro's claim of huge potential, his collegiate success and his utica success show us he's capable of becoming a 40-50 point player (like i stated). Yes, absolutely, it is not unreasonable in the slightest. He has great speed, high tempo, is tenacious, is a good playmaker and possesses a wicked shot. 

Pearson scored 40 twice in his short career, and had 12 points in 19 games for us, which i can assume is roughly 52 points. While I don't really think that's what we should expect of him, I do believe he will be a solid 40-50 player for us. 

Leivo whether or not you accept it, had a 41 point pace with us. At 24 years of age. Yeah that's definitely a sign that he's a 40 point player, whether or not you like that. 

Edler was on pace for 50 as I already stated. 

You can say that's bad evaluation, I couldn't care less to be honest, but I think it's pretty good evaluation. That's a terrific 2nd powerplay unit. 

I do like how you thought i was so stupid to think stecher and hutton were 40 point players, seeing as how our defensemen have been terrible point producers since 2012, but i guess you really just decided to nitpick. Clearly i was talking about the forwards. 

Cheers

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Gaudette is a 22 year old hobey baker winning rookie, who has done really well in utica and is being placed in a shutdown role primarily with terrible winger options. Ferraro is one of the brightest hockey minds, and is surrounded by idiots. His projections are usually the most accurate when comparing hockey minds' projections. Did i say he would be a 70 point center? NO. Does Ferraro's claim of huge potential, his collegiate success and his utica success show us he's capable of becoming a 40-50 point player (like i stated). Yes, absolutely, it is not unreasonable in the slightest. He has great speed, high tempo, is tenacious, is a good playmaker and possesses a wicked shot. 

Pearson scored 40 twice in his short career, and had 12 points in 19 games for us, which i can assume is roughly 52 points. While I don't really think that's what we should expect of him, I do believe he will be a solid 40-50 player for us. 

Leivo whether or not you accept it, had a 41 point pace with us. At 24 years of age. Yeah that's definitely a sign that he's a 40 point player, whether or not you like that. 

Edler was on pace for 50 as I already stated. 

You can say that's bad evaluation, I couldn't care less to be honest, but I think it's pretty good evaluation. That's a terrific 2nd powerplay unit. 

I do like how you thought i was so stupid to think stecher and hutton were 40 point players, seeing as how our defensemen have been terrible point producers since 2012, but i guess you really just decided to nitpick. Clearly i was talking about the forwards. 

Cheers

Hopefully what the NYI and CBJ have just done will hit home with fans and especially management. Vancouver needs more SIZE! Regular season play is NOT Stanley CUP play. Regular season stats hopefully give an indication of what a player can do in CUP play but as we have just witnessed, not always. Congrats to Torts who did not get a fair shake in Van. I wanted Trotz when it was maybe a choice between him and Desjardin. I doubt he was interested. Two coaches who are mentally tough. Not saying Green is not as I think he has it in him as well.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Hopefully what the NYI and CBJ have just done will hit home with fans and especially management. Vancouver needs more SIZE! Regular season play is NOT Stanley CUP play. Regular season stats hopefully give an indication of what a player can do in CUP play but as we have just witnessed, not always. Congrats to Torts who did not get a fair shake in Van. I wanted Trotz when it was maybe a choice between him and Desjardin. I doubt he was interested. Two coaches who are mentally tough. Not saying Green is not as I think he has it in him as well.

Just curious as to why you don't think Torts got a fair shake here.