The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

On 6/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Boeser Games: 140,  Goals:  59,  Assists: 57,   Points = 116 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 34.5,  Assists: 33.3, Points = 68/82

Laine Games: 237,  Goals: 110, Assists: 74, Points = 184 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 38,  Assists: 25, Points = 63/82

You forgot the important stuff:

Boeser - looks like he came out of Hollywood and takes gifted kid to prom

Laine - could play Bond villian and cares more about Fortnite (including Canucks ban) than showing up for playoffs

• Cheers 1

On 6/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, Pure961089 said:

Boeser Games: 140,  Goals:  59,  Assists: 57,   Points = 116 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 34.5,  Assists: 33.3, Points = 68/82

Laine Games: 237,  Goals: 110, Assists: 74, Points = 184 (career)

82 Game Average/  Goals: 38,  Assists: 25, Points = 63/82

Brock Boeser

image.png.f99bccdc14d8230603bd9ed68e9ba6cb.png

William Karlsson - Center - 8 x $5.9MM - UFA

image.png.8f897f6046a60bec16e5bff13a1c0340.png

Add to this the Kapanen and Johnsson contracts.  These help hopefully.

Edited by Borvat

2 hours ago, Borvat said:

Brock Boeser

image.png.f99bccdc14d8230603bd9ed68e9ba6cb.png

William Karlsson - Center - 8 x $5.9MM - UFA

image.png.8f897f6046a60bec16e5bff13a1c0340.png

Add to this the Kapanen and Johnsson contracts.  These help hopefully.

What a drop off in Karlsson.  Scores 43 goals, signs a big 8 year deal, follows that up with 24 goals.  Edit: Never mind. Saw Karlsson just signed his 8 year deal.  Boeser is 4 years younger though.  Hopefully he’s no more that $6 mill for 6 years.  

Edited by Pure961089

There's no rush, so why should they? They'll get something done.

Some may be expecing it to be north of $7, but I wouldn't be surprised to see Benning pull off something like $6.5 x 5. That'll take Brock to 28 years old, and then he'll really get paid. I wonder about his body of work so far. He's only played 140 NHL games, but has huge potential. Unfortunately for him, he was injured a couple of times, and that affected his two seasons. What is his health going forward? He is not a point-a-game player and hasn't scored 30 goals in the NHL (yet), so is that worth $7 or more? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

3 hours ago, bree2 said:

I have no worries about Boeser, getting 25 or 30 goals , I do have a problem with Benning signing Motte before Bess, after all he is the more important player and we have more forwards than we need right now.  

Benning probably had a staffer draw up the papers for Motte.  A take it or leave it offer.  So I wouldn't be that concerned that Motte got a deal done before Boeser.  Boeser next contract is probably more complicated with some negotiating from both sides. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, bree2 said:

I don't really think it matters who gets signed first. Cap space is clearly not an issue right now so if one player agrees before the other than sign that player. Why make him wait? I just don't see how that would be fair to Motte. I don't even see how that would be fair to Boeser since then there's the extra pressure to force a resigning.

Extreme example: should anyone else Toronto had to sign last year have had to wait until December to sign since they'd have to wait that long for Nylander? ;)

Edited by The Lock
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we have just over 7.5 mil left in cap space and 25 players, signed already, with only allowed 23, with Goldy , Leivo, and Boeser to sign

I would be worried if the Canucks were still over the cap come the deadline for finalizing the roster but there is a lot of summer for moves to be made and I think there is a good chance that Schaller, Eriksson, Biega and maybe others could be either traded or failing that; put on waivers before the season starts. There is no problem with signing Boeser right now to a deal that would put the team over the Cap for the time being. One only has to look at the Vegas situation to see that as their projected salary right now is 84.175 million or about 3 mill over the limit. They also have some trimming to do this summer.

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, bree2 said:

we have just over 7.5 mil left in cap space and 25 players, signed already, with only allowed 23, with Goldy , Leivo, and Boeser to sign

There's a lot of summer left, not even considering that only a certain number of those contracts will be on the opening night roster counting towards that cap, so even now it's more than 7.5mil in cap space and signing a couple of other contracts might not really have much of an effect on that. (Unless if I am just totally mistaken about how contracts work, which is possible)

Also keep in mind there are rumours of Tanev and (more than rumours of) Eriksson being actively shopped.

Edited by The Lock
  • Upvote 1

On 6/28/2019 at 8:30 AM, aliboy said:

Eklund saying deal is close, I hope he got it/heard it from a reliable source, meaning someone at TSN, etc.

Eklund hasn't been relevant for many years. And I'm glad. The guy was a poser insider that siphoned money from people stupid enough to pay him for his 'inside info'. His posts were always cryptic as if he was a disreputable car salesman. He also embarrassed himself on TV by being an 'insider'. He didn't get one deal right, as far as I remember on Sportsnet. LOLOLOL.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

At least we're safe from any offer sheets that would have come in. This is actually a benefit from Boeser playing less than 10 games at the end of his first year.

So to anyone who complained about us signing him and bringing him in at the end of the season like we did: it's benefiting us right now. ;)

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1